Pretty, Fizzy Paradise

I'm back! And reading! And maybe even blogging! No promises!

Friday, January 20, 2006

Just a little gleeful!

This is just a little spoilery, but they actually said it last issue, so I don't feel bad:

They brought back Johnny Sorrow!

I *love* Johnny Sorrow. He's got such fun potential as a villain. He's a bit wastes in a team book though. His particular Lovecraftian tendancies would be better utilized in a horror-themed solo comic. But he's still good for a lot of fun.

And it's a bit of a relieving sign, because Johnny Sorrow's one of those characters that only really suits an enemy team if his adversary is on the hero team.

Which means Sand's probably not going to die! Yay! (If they *can* kill him...) I was a little nervous about him not being on any OYL covers. Then again, much as I love him, a tiny guy in skintight hunter green, a gas mask and a trenchcoat isn't quite as visually flashy or intimidating like the others.

So yeah, this bodes well. Whenever Sorrow shows, Sand gets to do something cool. (Wanna juggle the Rock of Freaking Eternity, anyone?)

(And hey, it's kind of funny that of all the JSA-ers, *Sand* is the one with two personal-type enemies in the Injustice Society [Icicle and Sorrow]. So any IS story should be good. :-))

Yep, I'm happy.

3 Comments:

  • At January 20, 2006 2:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    ...

    Johnny Sorrow kidnapps boys and changes their clothes.

    You know what I'm talking about Kali.

     
  • At January 20, 2006 4:37 AM, Blogger kalinara said…

    That doesn't mean he's not a great villain.

    Now if I said he was a great *hero* that sort of thing would be more disturbing.

     
  • At January 20, 2006 8:20 PM, Blogger Centurion said…

    I admit, the bits you showed/spoke to me about Sorrow....I really see great potential with him.

    Actually, I'm not as drawn to Sandy as Kal is, but if there ever is a series started up solo-wise with him as a central villain I'd likely pick it up.

    I'm a sucker for lovecraftian style...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home