Pretty, Fizzy Paradise

I'm back! And reading! And maybe even blogging! No promises!

Friday, March 03, 2006

Kyle Rayner, Carol Ferris, Identical Cousins?

I said it before but I've always thought that Carol Ferris and Kyle Rayner had a lot in common.

But, I noticed for the first time in the 2005 Secret Files and Origins...they also look a lot alike.



See, both dark haired, very pronounced cheekbones, and annoyed at Hal. (*sigh* So high maintenance. Take either out, you're expected to pay and provide a ride. :-P)

But then, everything about the story was supposed to parallel, so maybe that was a one time thing.

Then I found this in the 1998 Secret Files and Origins:



And my first thought flipping through the issue was why the hell is Kyle looking so bitchy at himself? And why are there two of him?

Then I read it. The story is about a chance encounter between Kyle and Hal's old colleagues. That's Carol Ferris looking bitchy. And exactly like him. Creepy.

And then I read that cool Gangs of New York era Elseworld where they get together. And it broke my brain. Because they're...exactly the same! Creeeepy.

That explains why Hal likes him so much...

2 Comments:

  • At March 03, 2006 8:14 PM, Blogger Sleestak said…

    I wonder if Kyle split off from Carol/Star Sapphire like Smith/Predator did.

    That would be odd.

     
  • At March 03, 2006 9:35 PM, Blogger Centurion said…

    Makes me wonder if it is mandated that artists draw them that similar, like if they are supposed to look that way...

    One artist making them look similar I could understand. Afterall, I've seen it happen often before when the artists seem to be more formulaic in their faces.

    When it comes to two artists doing similar things in their own unique style it could simply be random chance, or not. Any more and it becomes a conspiracy.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home