Pretty, Fizzy Paradise

I'm back! And reading! And maybe even blogging! No promises!

Thursday, March 02, 2006

Random Ridiculous Realization #13

I love all of the Lanterns. Not equally mind you: (My order of preference is: Kyle, Guy, Hal, Alan, John; Hal temporarily overtook Guy in GL 9, but Recharge shot Guy back up...) But I love them all.

But I've come to the realization that the only one I'd actually sleep with, were I a two-dimensional character in the DCU myself, is Guy Gardner.

Seriously.

Hal would likely give himself a concussion via my headboard.

Kyle would likely come home to find my corpse stuffed in a fridge. Besides, I try not to date guys prettier than me.

John only dates alien women. I *may* be an alien (I admit to nothing), but he's a little mopey/serious for my tastes. Too bad.

Alan's a bit too intimidating. All that presence. And he's married. And I'm neither a split personality with plant powers, nor a woman stupid enough to sell my soul for youth because I can't deal with people thinking I've got a boytoy.

So yeah, Guy's pretty much the only choice. Err...around Rebirth/Recharge preferably. I like the Green Lantern outfit better. :-)

9 Comments:

  • At March 02, 2006 12:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I have to say, you have a point on Kyle's undatability. Going by his current record, romantic involvement with Kyle gives a 100% chance of death, and only a 33.3% chance of being resurrected as some sort of divine Titan-empowered Anti-Harbinger.

    Hell, even Wally hasn't survived that brief, tentative flirting we all know was going on between them.

     
  • At March 02, 2006 1:33 AM, Blogger Ragnell said…

    spiritglyph -- Hell, that one kid jsut had a crush on him and ended up the violence victim in a Judd Winick Social Awareness storyline.

    Kali -- And bad luck aside, Kyle's pretty high maintenance for me.

    And Hal's a natural enemy, being that I am in an avionics occupation and he is a pilot. Wouldn't work out.

    I'd still probably pick John over Guy myself. I mean, love Guy, but John's more stable.

     
  • At March 02, 2006 2:26 AM, Blogger kalinara said…

    spiritglyph:

    Hal's survived it thus far though. :-) Then again, after Parallax, Death and Spectre-dom, there's not a whole lot you can do to the guy. :-) Besides, he'll crack his head on something long before Force gets a chance to shove him into the fridge.

    ragnell: John's way too stable. I'd drive him nuts. Now Guy would be good. :-) Lots of fighting in the good way. :-)

     
  • At March 02, 2006 1:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Kal, you forgot Guyis also the only red head, anyone know if its real?:-)

    and yeah G'nots the underDOG give him a chance:-)

     
  • At March 02, 2006 2:04 PM, Blogger kalinara said…

    Nope guys, no love for G'nort!

    Now *Kilowog* on the other hand...

    ;-)

     
  • At March 02, 2006 6:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Saddly enough she was talking to me when she came up with this...

    I'm so ashamed.

     
  • At March 02, 2006 6:23 PM, Blogger Hale of Angelthorne said…

    "Hal would likely give himself a concussion via my headboard."

    Mental image...too...overwhelming...passing...out...

     
  • At March 02, 2006 7:05 PM, Blogger Ragnell said…

    G'Nort = Furry bait.

    Also, even for a dog, he's just too needy.

     
  • At March 02, 2006 7:07 PM, Blogger kalinara said…

    mallet: :-)

    hale: it'd happen!

    ragnell: Exactly!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home