Pretty, Fizzy Paradise

I'm back! And reading! And maybe even blogging! No promises!

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Elsewhere, the War rages On

Okay, so Ragnell has served her latest riposte in her battle with Chris Sims.

Well, being the slasher I am, it made me think about my own list.

I mean, Guy Gardner's at the top, right? But who in the world could he be slashed with? Who's the most obvious choice there that could possibly compete with Hal Jordan or Bruce Wayne?

Well...I found it...

Brace Yourself

I'm not entirely sure what a Tormock Tango is, but I bet Lobo was on top.

For the record, after this panel, Lobo presents him with the skull of an enemy. I don't know about you, but to me...that sounds like a czarnian courtship gift.

I'm just sayin'...

9 Comments:

  • At May 23, 2006 6:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You are kind of weird, Kalinara.

     
  • At May 23, 2006 9:57 AM, Blogger Steven said…

    That actually makes a crazy amount of sense (at least during the Warrior years). Guy and Lobo were the Wild and Crazy guys of the DCU, always kicking ass and drinking beer, making fun of the big blue boy scout. If Guy was throwing a party, Lobo would crash it. If Guy was making a heroic last stand, Lobo stood with him. Sure they fought, but it was the kind of playful wrestling cowboys would engage in on "fishing trips" out on lonely Wyoming mountains.

    Oh, think I just creeped myself out. 'Scuse me.

     
  • At May 23, 2006 10:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Despite the fact that he's wearing the Warrior jacket, my first thought was, "When did Ronnie Raymond dye his hair?"

     
  • At May 23, 2006 2:18 PM, Blogger kalinara said…

    jaap: Thank you.

    Steven: They're manly men. Manly men engage in manly sex. In this case on asteroids or something instead of Wyoming Mountains, but...

    Ack, I think I broke my own brain again...

    dan: See, see, more evidence that when Guy's not making faces (which is almost never) he's actually physically attractive!

    Someday I will collect these images into "Guy Gardner is unexpectedly hot" post!

     
  • At May 23, 2006 3:36 PM, Blogger kalinara said…

    Get real! We're talking about *Lobo* here. Lobo doesn't fall in love!

    They were totally bangin' though.

     
  • At May 23, 2006 7:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    So who's top, who's bottom? I think for some reason I see Guy bottoming.

     
  • At May 23, 2006 7:38 PM, Blogger kalinara said…

    Guy is totally a bottom. All that attitude, just a mask. He really just wants to be *cough* dominated.

    It's the same reasoning as to why he always tried to fight Hal and Batman, even though he'd never win. :-)

     
  • At May 29, 2006 1:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh dear. A bit late here, but...

    Suddenly, the covers of JLI #18 and #19 are taking on a new sort of light.

     
  • At May 29, 2006 1:11 AM, Blogger kalinara said…

    Heheheh. Yep. Poor Guy. :-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home