Pretty, Fizzy Paradise

I'm back! And reading! And maybe even blogging! No promises!

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

But My Birthday's Not Until February!

I like Pete Wisdom. I like him a lot. I like his suits and I like his attitude and I really liked how Kitty Pryde managed to move beyond the teenaged wunderkind and actually develop a real personality.

It's not particularly news, I'm sure, that Pete (one of my top 4 favorite Marvel Characters ever) is getting his own MAX miniseries. I like MAX books. They can be a good excuse to go past the standard fare for superhero comics and try for something newer/riskier. Sometimes they suck, and are just gratuitous, but other times they can be really good.

It's written by Paul Cornell. I like Paul Cornell. He writes for Doctor Who. I love Doctor Who. His plots tend to be interesting and weird, which should work well with this character and this mini.

It's apparently going to have a skrull! I like skrulls! I like almost every skrull character I've read in Marvel. Skrull characters are neat. And green. I like green.

Newsarama has a preview up.

Apparently, the story is going to be Pete Wisdom vs Fairies.

Pete Wisdom vs Fairies.

And there may be a gun toting fairy dissident.

PETE WISDOM VS FAIRIES.

I can't, at this moment, think of anything that sounds awesomer then this series will be. Happy day for me!

Labels:

8 Comments:

  • At November 08, 2006 8:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You are aware that a MAX series with Pete Wisdom means the very real possibility of an appearance by a nude Kitty Pryde!

    Not that I am looking forwards to that. I'm just saying.

     
  • At November 08, 2006 8:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    LIAR! All humans, male or female, seek the grail of a nude Katherine Pride!

     
  • At November 08, 2006 10:16 AM, Blogger CalvinPitt said…

    Gun-toting...fairy...dissident.

    The mind boggles.

     
  • At November 08, 2006 11:26 AM, Blogger SallyP said…

    I am SO getting this book. You just can't go wrong with bloody fairies.

     
  • At November 08, 2006 1:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I just read this book. It's awesome. Just pure fun from beginning to end.

    And female fans of Pete are going to be very, VERY happy with this issue.

     
  • At November 08, 2006 6:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Totally OT: I saw this on a blog about the election and you'd get a kick out of this, Kalinara...

    "By the way, was anyone aware that the name of the Republican challenger to NC's Speaker of the House was named Hal Jordan?"

     
  • At November 09, 2006 2:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Dear god, the noises I made when I saw the preview...

    I am such a happy fangirl right now

     
  • At November 09, 2006 9:12 AM, Blogger kalinara said…

    sleestak: Heh.

    d. sauve: Not me, sadly. :-) Now...Storm on the other hand...

    calvinpitt: That's not uncommon with Cornell writing. :-P

    sallyp: Nope!

    dan: You are a horrible tease!

    chuck: *snicker* Of course he'd be Republican.

    papervolcano: Oh yes!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home