Pretty, Fizzy Paradise

I'm back! And reading! And maybe even blogging! No promises!

Friday, November 24, 2006

Happy Thanksgiving!

Well, it's a day late, but I decided to do my Happy Thanksgiving post on Friday instead.

Mostly because I need the good will to brace myself for a 5 AM Black Friday shift!

So what am I thankful for?

I'm thankful for the continued health and well-being of my family and friends.

I'm thankful for my job, as much as I'm dreading today, it's really nice to have work. Especially work I actually enjoy.

I'm thankful for NaNoWriMo, because even though I'm not likely to finish, it's still a rewarding experience.

I'm thankful for my hobby. There are a lot of problems that can't be denied, but I truly believe there's something great and amazing about superhero comics that makes them worth the fight to fix them.

I'm thankful for my column and especially my blog. I've been having a lot of fun with them and they've let me "meet" a lot of great people. Love you guys!

Now that I'm all warm and good spirited, I'm off to work! So have a Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

And please be nice to your friendly retail workers on this Black Friday! We don't get hazard pay! :-)

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

  • At November 24, 2006 2:10 PM, Blogger SallyP said…

    I can't actually believe that ANYONE would be crazed enough to go shopping at 5:00 AM, but hey, that's just me. You are so brave, Kalinara...far braver than I.

    Hope that the turkey was good. I'm still sleeping mine off.

     
  • At November 24, 2006 11:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Before: "Now that I'm all warm and good spirited, I'm off to work!"

    After: "Now that I'm off work, I'm going to get warmed by some good spirits!" :-p

    Pour yourself a stiff one, Kalinara...I'm sure you needed the patience of Job to get through the day...

     
  • At November 27, 2006 2:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hope you don't need a wheelchair loan after friday but Ido have a spare :) Toyour health Kalinara!

    sallyp: Agreed. It's a royal pain steering through the mob of parents & kids on a NORMAL holiday shopping trip. God save me from ever shopping that day! (desends into stereo typical irish catholic prayer/cursing/drinking)...Shiver.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home