Pretty, Fizzy Paradise

I'm back! And reading! And maybe even blogging! No promises!

Tuesday, November 21, 2006

November sucks.

As it turns out, there's something I never considered when signing up for NaNoWriMo this month. NaNoWriMo is in November (obviously), and I work in a toy store.

Working in a toy store during November is fun, but it's also insane and life-sucking. It makes it pretty damned hard to sit down after shift and focus on writing a novel.

I'm not giving up, mind you, but I do have to consider the unpleasant fact that I'm already considerably behind and I'm heading into Thanksgiving week and Black Friday. And I work in a Toy Store.

So it's looking more and more likely I won't finish on time.

I AM going to finish. This is the most I've gotten on paper for any one single project and I intend to see it through. I just have to consider the fact that I may need to see it through during December as well.

Still aiming for the 30th though. :-) But I'm sulky too. Why couldn't NaNoWriMo have been during my nice long summer of unemployment? Or in a month that isn't filled with batshit crazy parents/grandparents frantically searching for toys to make Junior happy for one day out of the year than tossed aside once something newer and shinier enters the picture?

:-) Sorry, I'm whining. I love my job and I love to write. It's just a bit of inconvenient timing making me feel sorry for myself. :-)

Labels: , ,

8 Comments:

  • At November 21, 2006 7:42 AM, Blogger Centurion said…

    awwww....hang in there...

    just remember, you write better than i do...

     
  • At November 21, 2006 8:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    and much faster than I...:)

    I agree w/ the toaster kalinara you'll make it

     
  • At November 21, 2006 8:55 AM, Blogger Diamondrock said…

    Well, we can't all have jobs like mine that involve long hours of sitting at a desk doing nothing.

    I guess that's why I hit 54,000 today...

     
  • At November 21, 2006 11:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You work in a toy store?!?!?! How fun!!!!!!!

    But, I guess the grass probably could always be greener on the other side, huh? I worked in the animation industry and people said the same thing...but, really, it was a drag.

    Anyway, good luck with your writing. I'm sure you'll finish it!

     
  • At November 21, 2006 12:11 PM, Blogger SallyP said…

    This too shall pass. Unfortunately, probably like a kidney stone, but that is life. Ummmm...this started out to be reassuring. Just ignore it all, and keep going. You'll be fine.

     
  • At November 21, 2006 6:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I have a similar problem in that my school is on a trimester system, so NaNo landed during the last week of classes when everything is due, followed by finals. The Thanksgiving break won't be of much help either due to traveling to see family.

    I've had my creative impulse impeded so many times I'm about to chuck my story and start over.

    Hang in there, at least you're further ahead than I am.

     
  • At November 21, 2006 11:38 PM, Blogger Brandon Bragg said…

    I made
    this for you.

     
  • At November 22, 2006 4:18 AM, Blogger kalinara said…

    centurion: Hee. We'll see if you still think that when you read it.

    green: Aw, thanks.

    diamondrock: congratulations!...bastard... :-)

    loren: It's a lot of fun really! Holidays are hectic though. :-) I like my employee discount!

    sallyP: Hee. Thanks. I'll keep going, even if I'm late, I will finish!

    racyli: Heh, well, maybe. Except that Holiday Shopping Season is coinciding with nano-novels. :-) THAT's my problem. :-)

    david: Aw. Don't chuck it. Keep going! I hated mine for a long time, but now I'm actually digging it!

    brandon: Hehehe!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home