Pretty, Fizzy Paradise

I'm back! And reading! And maybe even blogging! No promises!

Thursday, December 28, 2006

meme-time!

Chris Sims has a nifty meme up. Naturally, since I didn't have a topic for today's post I decided to follow suit.

So here are a few things you (probably) don't know about me:

1. I am deathly afraid of earthworms.

That's right. Earthworms. Go ahead and snicker. I'll wait. I know it's an utterly irrational fear, but I will cross the street to avoid one of the little monsters. They're just...revolting.

2. I learned about the birds and the bees from Star Trek.

Well, sort of. My parents were always of the opinion that if I were old enough to ask, I was old enough to know. And since I used to watch Star Trek with my dad at the age of five, it was only a matter of time before I started asking what exactly Captain Kirk was doing with the alien lady.

3. I can dislocate my shoulders at will

It's great. I can pull my arm completely around my head. Great fun at Halloween.

4. I was supposed to be born on April 1st.

But instead popped out around February 7th. I'd give anything to be able to see the look on my dad's face when my mom woke him out of a sound sleep during a mild snow bout, telling him it's time.

April Fools THAT.

5. I've had needles in my eye!

This past summer, my right eye apparenty flaked the hell out and I lost a lot of central vision. This resulted in the need for monthly eye injections. Which aren't as bad as they sound really.

But I like talking about it, because there's nothing like a needle in the eye to make you seem badass.

I've discovered though, eye drops taste HORRID.

But yeah. I am badass. Ph33r m3.

That was fun!

11 Comments:

  • At December 28, 2006 9:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm with you on the earthworm thing. I'll also add centipedes and millipedes. I can't even look at pictures without flinching a little bit.

    It's weird because I'll let spiders, ants and other bugs crawl all over me without any problem. It seems any little creature that's long and wriggling really gets tom me.

     
  • At December 28, 2006 10:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Last one...oh, woozy...passing out now...

    **THUD**

    Keeyoot! I might have to try this later.

     
  • At December 28, 2006 11:37 AM, Blogger SallyP said…

    Gahhhh! Not needles to the eye! I can't even watch it on House of CSI! On the other hand, earthworms don't bother me at all. Those big crunchy beetles on the other hand...!

    The whole dislocating of the arm thing must be a hoot. But can you pick up things with your toes?

     
  • At December 28, 2006 12:06 PM, Blogger Tom Foss said…

    Needles in the eye? Your life would have been banned by the Comics Code Authority!

    Personally, I try to live my life in such a way that they'll never be able to make 1950s comics about me. That's why I'm a vampire werewolf who disses authority figures, and why I changed my middle name to "Crypt of Horror."

     
  • At December 28, 2006 8:27 PM, Blogger ShellyS said…

    I've had a needle in my eye, for anesthesia before having a cyst cut out (which I'd gotten because I got dirt in my eye after surgery) back when I was in my teens. So. Not. Fun. And probably TMI.

    And while I don't fear earthworms, they do gross me out. Okay, maybe I do fear that they're conspiring to take over Earth. I've heard rumors.

     
  • At December 28, 2006 11:14 PM, Blogger Brandon Bragg said…

    GAAAAHHHHH!!

    I get a mild feeling of nausea upon hearing others describe invasive medical procedures.

    Earthworms I'm fine with. Except those giant, mutated ones from that GODZILLA movie a few years back.

    **SHUDDER**

     
  • At December 29, 2006 12:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Watching this procedure is pretty bad too. The application of numbing drops then a peculiar clamp to hold the eye open. then the shot itself. very intense.

    the fisher king

     
  • At December 29, 2006 1:03 AM, Blogger kalinara said…

    anon: I'm okay with fuzzy long things. I don't LIKE them. But Earthworms...gyahh

    loren: Do! (And I AM working on that thing...)

    sally: I never used to be able to watch them...now I watch that CSI:Miami episode where the guy gets a nail in his eye and laugh my ass off.

    I may be evil.

    tom: Oooo! That'd be awesome!

    shelly: Egads. That sounds more invasive than my procedure. Definitely not fun!

    ...I can believe it.

    brandon: Heheh! Sorry!

    the fisher king: ...you sound familiar...

    (And you'll understand why that is a creepy choice of pseudonym next week. DAD.)

     
  • At December 29, 2006 9:17 AM, Blogger kalinara said…

    All good villains need a terribly illogical weakness. It doesn't make them less scary. Just defeatable. :-)

     
  • At December 29, 2006 9:26 AM, Blogger R.Nav said…

    This week's JSA classified made me think of you!

    Don't worry, no Earthworms were involved!

     
  • At December 30, 2006 12:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yay! I'm so glad you're working on that thing. I was going to write an e-mail to you personally because I'd be sad if I didn't have your participation.

    PS - if you haven't seen it yet, I did !

     

Post a Comment

<< Home