Pretty, Fizzy Paradise

I'm back! And reading! And maybe even blogging! No promises!

Saturday, December 02, 2006

NaNoWriMo Finale Post.

:-) Two days late, but there you go.

Anyway, since Chuck asked, I figured I should update on my progress...which is miserable.

As expected, I didn't end up managing to make the challenge. I did end up finishing up at a comfortable, if not respectable 20,000.

Even though I've lost the challenge, I feel pretty accomplished by my results anyway. I really feel like the project is starting to come together. So I'm giving myself an extension on my novel. My current goal is to have all 50,000 words written by the New Year.

It needs some revision (read: much much revision) to be readable, but I may end up posting some excerpts. Maybe. :-) Probably not. :-)

Anyway, my revised goal is set! The remaining 30,000 words by New Years! Wish me luck!

Labels: , ,

8 Comments:

  • At December 02, 2006 9:41 AM, Blogger Amy Reads said…

    Hi Kali,
    Huzzah! Good luck!
    Ciao,
    Amy

     
  • At December 02, 2006 10:40 AM, Blogger SallyP said…

    I'm not sure how anybody can eat, sleep, work, keep up with their blog, websurf AND write at the same time. I am in awe.

     
  • At December 02, 2006 10:43 AM, Blogger Centurion said…

    We'll see how you do...

    ^_^

     
  • At December 02, 2006 10:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Good luck! I'm sure you can do it!

     
  • At December 02, 2006 10:47 AM, Blogger Seth T. Hahne said…

    I didn't hit my goal either (though I'm writing for the NaGraNoWriMo instead), but did make a respectable effort by plotting out pages of my story to bring to an expected approximate of 325 pages - yay! I also have slated New Year's as my final due date, promising to have a review draft into the hands of critical friends by New Year's Eve. Dang - this is a lot of work; so congrats on the progress you've made and on your desire to continue!

     
  • At December 03, 2006 12:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yeah, you should have no trouble banging out the rest in December...there are no distractions in December...except for Christmas and New Year's...:-p

    Seriously, I agree with sallyp...it's amazing you got as many words written as you did, given how busy your life is...

    If only you could write while you slept, you'd have gotten 50,000 words easily...;-)

     
  • At December 04, 2006 11:37 AM, Blogger A Nathanael Tjoa said…

    Congrats,
    I've recently stumbled upon this blog of yours.
    It's nice to see a comicbook fan who also likes write. I had my share of writing with NaNoWriMo too.

    Last year I tried to write a re-telling of one my old original fictions. Didn't worked out well and only reached 8,000 words.

    This year I decided to either to write another re-telling of the same story (which turned out like a foolish idea) and instead wrote about my personal experience in the pursuing romance. Reached about 11,600 words!

    Well, good luck on getting the rest of that 30,000!

     
  • At December 08, 2006 4:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Good luck with your writing.

    I managed to reach the 50000 words this year. What helped my was having weekly meetings with a group of other participants in the area. Nearly everyone in our group managed to finish - you should consider trying to find other writers where you live to motivate you.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home