Pretty, Fizzy Paradise

I'm back! And reading! And maybe even blogging! No promises!

Monday, December 11, 2006

PFP Blogoversary!

Today is the one-year anniversary for Pretty, Fizzy Paradise!

So um...wish I had an interesting story behind this blog really. I remember being pointed toward Ragnell's blog by a friend of mine, but being too shy to really say anything. Then Diamondrock was all "Let's make blogs!" and I was all "Okay!"

And here we are.

Yeah. I never claimed to be terribly deep. :-)

So what's changed for me since the founding of this blog?

I've switched favorite Green Lanterns. Much as I love Kyle, I apparently love red-headed jackasses more. Oh well. :-)

I've somehow lost my hatred for both Jade and Dick Grayson. This irritates me more than you can possibly understand.

I've written pseudo-literary analysis! And not for school!

I've discovered feminism. Well, I've always been a feminist, I guess. But only in the past year have I really been vocal about it, and where I stand with different issues.

I've gotten involved in a few side projects.

I've actually got an online presence! I've surfed and lurked for almost a decade, here and there and everywhere, but I'd never really managed to get enough courage to pop out and say hi!

I've written a fanfic! And a parody script!

I've been on fandom_wank! With my real name attached! o_O

I've been crusading to increase appreciation of Sanderson Hawkins. (As well as Johnny Sorrow)

And abused poor old Wes Dodds.

I've graduated college! And got myself a job! (Now on to LSATs in February!)

I kept to a goal of at least one post a day! And held it! (I never said they'd be GOOD posts mind you!)

And most importantly, I've had a lot of fun and got the chance to talk to all you guys! It's been a blast!

Here's to next year!

Labels:

23 Comments:

  • At December 11, 2006 9:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I think you should change farourite Green Lanterns every six months. I mean they do have a Corps again so there's a lot to choose from.

    Congrats on the year.

     
  • At December 11, 2006 10:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Awwww! Happy Birthday, kiddo! Here's to another great year of blog postings that make me think, make me laugh, and makes me understand the obsession with Green Lantern just a little bit more.

     
  • At December 11, 2006 10:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Wow, this is a lot of anniversaries in a short period of time. Must be something about winter.

    Congratulations!

     
  • At December 11, 2006 10:37 AM, Blogger SallyP said…

    Happy Anniversary! And yes, red-headed jackasses are loads of fun.

     
  • At December 11, 2006 12:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Damn it!

    All you ever do is talk about yourself! What about meeeeeeee?!

    ~Runs away, crying, from the celebration.~

     
  • At December 11, 2006 3:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Happy anniversary! Buy yourself some paper!

    Didn't realize your blog was so recent. You've become entrenched in the blogosphere rather quickly.

     
  • At December 11, 2006 3:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Happy anniversary!

    And no love for G'Nort? Shame on you...

     
  • At December 11, 2006 4:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Happy b-day, and let me know when Flodo Span or Driq become your favorite, they deserve it! And thanks for all the fun!

     
  • At December 11, 2006 5:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Happy blogday, Kalinara!

     
  • At December 11, 2006 6:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Long time lurker deciding to take this opportunity to say "Happy Blogiversary!" to one of the blogs most likely to make me smile.

    Many thanks for the last year's worth of posts.

    (And one day I'm sure you'll come to realise that the One True Lantern is now and always was Ch'p. Rings For Rodents!)

     
  • At December 11, 2006 6:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Happy blog birthday--the perfect day to bask in love of your loyal fans (like me.)

     
  • At December 11, 2006 6:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    *the love. (dumb typos):(

     
  • At December 11, 2006 8:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Congrats!

     
  • At December 11, 2006 9:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Congrats on your blogoversary, Kalinara!

    Your goofiness(I mean that as a compliment) and sense of humour have brightened many a day...good luck with the LSAT...and here I thought you wanted to write comics when you grew up...;-)

     
  • At December 11, 2006 9:48 PM, Blogger Brandon Bragg said…

    HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY BLOG-O-VER-SER-Y!!

     
  • At December 11, 2006 10:20 PM, Blogger Zaratustra said…

    gratz lots :D

     
  • At December 11, 2006 10:54 PM, Blogger Elayne said…

    Happy blogiversary, Melissa! You and Lisa have really given the comics blogosphere a breath of fresh air, and I'm very grateful for the both of you!

     
  • At December 12, 2006 12:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    ^_^

    Congrats.

     
  • At December 12, 2006 9:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Congratulations Kalinara!:)

    Great letter to; thanks for including Oracle in the strong/compotent catagory(sp?), my activist side thanks you.

    Dick is growing on you ;)ROTFLOL!

    And lastly thanks for listening to the Mogo sugestion :)

     
  • At December 12, 2006 11:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Congrats, Kalinara! Looking forward to another year of bloggy goodness!

     
  • At December 12, 2006 3:22 PM, Blogger Haute Corbeille said…

    Nicely done! Also, Mogo and the Universe have finally found each other, and it's all thanks to you. Good show!

     
  • At December 13, 2006 7:38 AM, Blogger Flidget Jerome said…

    I look very fondly back to the first time I ever saw your blog. Aaah, planet slash.

     
  • At December 13, 2006 12:57 PM, Blogger Amy Reads said…

    Hi Kali,
    Congrats! Here's to more lit crit, Green Lanterns, and LSATs (good luck!).
    Ciao,
    Amy

     

Post a Comment

<< Home