Pretty, Fizzy Paradise

I'm back! And reading! And maybe even blogging! No promises!

Tuesday, December 19, 2006

There really isn't a point here...

This post from Blurred Productions just made my day.

Just the idea of "Sex Advice from Comic Book Store Clerks" makes me giggle a little. Not that I buy into the stereotypes of course. Though they do make it even funnier. It's just that I think organizing sex tips based on the profession of the advisors seems like a really stupid idea.

I mean, okay, I get it if the profession in question is something like a masseuse or physical therapist, as I'd imagine a few techniques learned there could be applied to other uses. A dancer or athlete, I suppose I could understand too, as I'm sure they'd know something about keeping limber if nothing else.

Even a psychologist, I'd understand, as I'm sure the advice could center around something about keeping emotional intimacy or something like that.

But public defenders? Comic store clerks? I'm sure there are individuals in those professions that have fantastic advice to give to us clueless masses...but I hardly think it's related to their professions in this case.

Though it does remind me oddly enough of Jason Lee in Mallrats.

Dude, screw advice tips, I'd so waste a couple of hours reading essays on superhero sex lives. Green Lantern powers ALONE...

Heheh. Silver Age Hal Jordan and a woman in yellow lingerie.

Okay, it's official that I need more sleep.

Labels:

7 Comments:

  • At December 19, 2006 10:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    "Sex advice from Comic Book Store Clerks"?

    That's kinda like getting mountain climbing tips from a fish.

     
  • At December 19, 2006 10:39 AM, Blogger SallyP said…

    Heh heh heh. Thank you Mark. But seriously folks, getting sex advice from ANY retailer has to be...kind of weird, not to mention possibly illegal.

    However, Kalinara, your thoughts about Green Lantern's sex lives intrigues me! Heh heh.

     
  • At December 19, 2006 1:25 PM, Blogger Zaratustra said…

    Hal Jordan shakes the bed so hard a nearby yellow lamp topples over and bangs his head.

     
  • At December 19, 2006 7:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I dunno. I can see some things about sex that you can learn from Comic Books.

    Old-School Legion - any story with Grimbor the Chainsman for high quality BDSM lessons.

    90's Marvel Comics - trains potential subs in masochism

    And there's countless writers I could make jokes about training people for long, drawn-out nights of teasing foreplay that has no payoff...

     
  • At December 19, 2006 10:57 PM, Blogger Chris Sims said…

    Well I'm not hearing any complaints.

    Then again, I'm not hearing a whole lot of offers, either. Even so, I stand by my point that reading a whole run of Darkhawk makes me uniquely qualified to offer bedroom tips and tricks. Ladies.

     
  • At December 20, 2006 12:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hal Jordan defeated by a pair of panties.

     
  • At December 20, 2006 3:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    There's always Larry Niven's classic(?) essay on the difficulties of Superman's love-life "Man of Steel, Woman of Kleenex":

    http://www.rawbw.com/~svw/superman.html

     

Post a Comment

<< Home