Pretty, Fizzy Paradise

I'm back! And reading! And maybe even blogging! No promises!

Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Central Casting?

Okay, can I just say, David Boreanaz as Hal Jordan is the funniest casting choice I've seen in ages. That's hilarious.

As good as Wil Wheaton as Cosmic Boy or Will Friedle as Kyle Rayner.

Seriously. Seriously funny.

---

On another random note, I was watching old episodes of Law and Order: Criminal Intent, and I realized, I would totally cast the earlier captain as Alan Scott. I don't know why. But every time I see him I think "That guy's Alan Scott." Especially when he had an eye patch...

Now if only we could dress him up like a Christmas Ornament, I'd be able to die happy.

8 Comments:

  • At February 27, 2007 8:39 AM, Blogger D.Bishop (aka Mr. Allison Blaire) said…

    Hal is one of those guys I always had trouble with, mentally casting a voice for him. I think I always imagined his voice as some kind of cross between Tim Daly and Kurt Russell. Its weird that I saw him on Buffy and see him on Bones but I still can't remember David's voice. Seems like a cool pick though.

    I see rumors about Neil Patrick Harris as Barry Allen. That one's even more difficult for me to imagine but I guess thats why I'm not a casting genius.

     
  • At February 27, 2007 10:32 AM, Blogger SallyP said…

    I look at Jesse Martin on Law and Order, and think that he'd be a good John Stewart. Possibly because I think that Jesse Martin is so purty.

    While David Boreanz as Hal seems to be ok, I'm not sure that I buy Brooke Shields as Carol Ferris.

     
  • At February 27, 2007 2:07 PM, Blogger Anthony Strand said…

    Eh. I think Brooke Shields will be fine. Not Dana Delaney good, maybe, but sufficient.

    Boreanaz seems just about perfect to me. And I liked the NPH idea a lot more when I thought he was playing Wally in something.

     
  • At February 27, 2007 3:56 PM, Blogger Captain Infinity said…

    Whenever I read Hal Jordan's dialog I always hear Dennis Quaid's voice in my head.

     
  • At February 27, 2007 5:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    If only it weren't for Death's unfliching grip, the perfect voice for Alan Scott would be Harry Goz.
    You may remember him as the voice of Captain Hank Murphy of this show

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Captain_Murphy_%28TV_series%29

    Oh, if only.

     
  • At February 27, 2007 5:58 PM, Blogger Jon said…

    The captain on Law and Order: CI was totally the devil in the miniseries version of The Stand.

    ...it's not relevant, really; I just felt like sharing.

     
  • At February 27, 2007 6:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Um...funnier than Jack Black as Green Lantern? ;)

     
  • At February 28, 2007 11:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Well, at least it's not Kevin Smith.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home