Pretty, Fizzy Paradise

I'm back! And reading! And maybe even blogging! No promises!

Sunday, March 18, 2007

Why I Blog!

Heidi and Shelly are asking the question about why we blog, so this is my turn.

Five reasons why I blog:

1. It's fun! I like to blog and express my opinions and have interesting conversations with people in my comments. (I've been bad about that lately. :-( I really do appreciate your input though, even if I've been bad about answering back!)

2. Writing out my thoughts sometimes gives me a new perspective. Sometimes mid-sentence, which probably explains the general incoherency of a lot of my blog entries.

That and they're all typed stream of consciousness. If I actually stopped to read over/revise/edit/think about what I'm typing, I'd never get anything posted.

3. I get to meet lots of neat people. Well, maybe "meet" is the wrong word, because in real life I probably wouldn't know most of you from Adam. However, I have a blast talking to you guys and you're all really neat.

4. I'm an egotist. Being linked and getting good traffic numbers makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. All "You like me! You really like me!" Or maybe not. But still, I'm loud, obnoxious and I like to be heard. :-)

5. If I didn't have a blog, I'd be talking at the wall. Seriously, I'm that sort. I read something, watch something, see something, and I've got hundreds of opinions that I have to say, often many times and ad nauseum. I know quite a few comics fans in person now, but for a while it was just me and Diamondrock and I used to chatter his figurative ears off in AIM. I'd imagine me getting this blog was a bit of a relief there, now he can actually get words in edgewise. :-P

So those are my five! I'm bad at tagging, so I won't. If you want to join in, join in! If not, you're all mean and nasty spoilsports! :-)

2 Comments:

  • At March 18, 2007 11:54 AM, Blogger SallyP said…

    Makes perfect sense to me. Having a blog IS fun. Beats yelling at the television anyway. I've been doing that for years, and it has yet to answer.

    And writing about things, makes it easier to think...or at least increases your perspective. I find that if I am going to do a review, I end up reading the book MUCH more carefully. Usually anyway.

     
  • At March 18, 2007 2:18 PM, Blogger Derek said…

    "... I probably wouldn't know most of you from Adam."

    You know Adam? That guy's awesome. Which reminds me, I need to give that son of a gun a call.

    Oh, and I should try that stream of consciousness thing. That whole read-and revise and think-it-to-death and never-post part sounded really familiar.

    Thanks for the tip!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home