Pretty, Fizzy Paradise

I'm back! And reading! And maybe even blogging! No promises!

Sunday, April 29, 2007

Ak-sen-chu-ating the positive...

You know, it occurs to me, that I almost never post about feministy things except to rant. So today I'm going to post a list of some of the things that happened in DC comics to make my inner feminist happy.

1. Hippolyta is back!

(True, I'm not sure where the story's going or if I'll like it, (I tend to like Pfeifer though, so I'm withholding judgement), but she's back and that means she can be written as the asskicking phenom she should be soon enough!)

2. Ice is back!

3. Jaime's mom can cow Guy Gardner!

4. Kara is finally chairman of the JSA!

5. Dinah is a founder of the JLA AND Diana is given equal status to Superman and Batman!

6. Dream Girl coolly cutting off Doctor Destiny's connection with her powers.

7. Manhunter's not cancelled.

8. Natasha Steel taking pride in her work, and starting up Steelworks

9. Renee as the Question will never stop being awesome to me.

10. Kory keeping her promise and collapsing on Buddy's doorstep, while Ellen kept faith in her husband's return.

Yep, I'm a very happy feminist comics reader right now. Sure things aren't perfect, but hey, it's the good things like these that are why I find such enjoyment out of my hobby, so I'm going to celebrate a little! Yay!

9 Comments:

  • At April 29, 2007 8:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    "Renee as the Question will never stop being awesome to me."

    Same here. I don't get this thing so many people have that loving Charlie somehow makes you unable to even accept Renee, let alone love her as his successor. She's just amazing.

     
  • At April 29, 2007 11:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Wait, I'm not the only one who likes the Renee-as-Question thing? Score!

    I mean, I liked the old Question, but that doesn't mean new things can't be done with the idea. I want to see where Renee takes it. I doubt she'll be just like Charlie, and she shouldn't be, but it'll be interesting to see what aspects of the mantle she does pick up - just as Jaime is starting to pick up some aspects of Ted's legacy while still being very much his own character.

    I'm new to DC so this whole legacy thing is also new to me, but it's pretty fun! (Especially since it's comics, so you know the old one isn't going to stay dead.)

     
  • At April 29, 2007 1:02 PM, Blogger SallyP said…

    It is nice to slow down and look at the bright side of things once and a while. Frankly I'm so thrilled about Ice, that I can hardly stand it. And having Polly back, mind-controlled or not, is great.

    Oh, and Birds of Prey is a joy to read.

     
  • At April 29, 2007 4:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    "Same here. I don't get this thing so many people have that loving Charlie somehow makes you unable to even accept Renee, let alone love her as his successor. She's just amazing."

    Maybe I just don't like Renee and don't think she's amazing.

     
  • At April 29, 2007 5:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Dang, that last one sounded more harsh then it should have. I'm not saying thats my view I'm suggesting thats what people who don't like it believe.

    Could have phrased it better though :(

     
  • At April 29, 2007 6:46 PM, Blogger ShellyS said…

    I love Renee as the Question, too. I miss Charlie, but she'll be awesome.

    It is a wonderful list, isn't it?

     
  • At April 29, 2007 9:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Okay,I missed something,but Ice sort of DIED once,not to long ago,right?

     
  • At April 29, 2007 9:24 PM, Blogger Matthew E said…

    A close scrutiny of upcoming solicits reveals that the new leader of the Legion (in the main title) is going to be a girl. Smart money favours either Shadow Lass or Theena.

     
  • At April 29, 2007 11:10 PM, Blogger kalinara said…

    anon: Yep, hence the happiness.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home