Pretty, Fizzy Paradise

I'm back! And reading! And maybe even blogging! No promises!

Saturday, April 14, 2007

I changed my mind...

It occurs to me, I was wrong in my recent post when I determined that teleportation would be the super-ability I'd want the most. Actually the power I *really* want is Banshee's scream or Dinah's Canary Cry.

I DO already have a fairly decent lung capacity. (I did a lot of swimming and singing as a kid. I am rather better at the former than I am at the latter, though. :-)) I am also rather skittish and easily made nervous when in the dark or outside at night.

I like the scream powers because there's a strange sort of reversal involved. Screaming is usually part-and-parcel with being a victim. Damsels in Distress scream when tied to railroad tracks or when in peril by a dragon. Horror movie teenagers scream before getting slaughtered mercilessly by a masked madman in a decidedly improbable fashion. Screams are expressions of pain, helplessness and fear.

And in the hands of certain superheroes, they're weapons. And that's awesome. When Dinah screams, she's not being a damsel in distress. She's kicking ass. When Banshee screams, he's not being a coward. He's fighting proud.

That's so cool to me. Like a battle-cry (which I like too!) taken to ultimate form. That's the power I want. It's just the perfect, proactive channelling of otherwise potentially crippling emotions into something powerful and angry. Also, it's very satisfyingly destructive.

So yeah, I want THAT. (Of course knowing my luck, I'd then get larangytis. :-P)

4 Comments:

  • At April 14, 2007 8:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Why not go with Songbird's? Combines that Canary Cry with Green Lantern-ish sound constructs. :)

     
  • At April 14, 2007 11:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ah, but the sound constructs are the result of one of Fixer's devices working with Songbird's natural power, IIRC. So it's not really one power, is it?

     
  • At April 14, 2007 12:52 PM, Blogger Sleestak said…

    It would be great when married wouldn't it?

    "You bum! Get up and take out the TRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASH!"

     
  • At April 15, 2007 2:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    If you want Dinah's canary cry, I think Pee-Wee Herman would have to be your go-to guy, your wizard Shazam, for that one.

    "When someone says the secret word, SCREAM REAL LOUD!"

     

Post a Comment

<< Home