Pretty, Fizzy Paradise

I'm back! And reading! And maybe even blogging! No promises!

Sunday, April 15, 2007

My Job = Good

Sometimes I really like working at the toy store. Especially since today I plunked down twenty five bucks to get this:



I love this doll. So much. I mean Dorothy and Glinda are cute enough, I guess, but this doll is positively gorgeous. I particularly enjoy her facial features, they're less "cute" than Barbie faces usually tend to be. I particularly like that nose.

And she's green. How awesome is that? I've wanted a green barbie doll since I was six years old! And now I have one!

Seriously, this doll is so beautiful I actually felt a pang of guilt taking her out of the box. And that never happens to me! I don't believe in collecting dolls and leaving them in a box, if I wanted pretty things to look at I'd collect posters. This doll is for dressing up in a pink mini-dress and wielding a gi-joe's semi-automatic rifle damnit.

Or in this case, a magenta kimono and a lightsaber. But still.

Now I really wish I could sew though. I'd totally make her a She-Hulk and Jade costume. That'd be cool!

Most of all though, I'm still on the "OMG! GREEN BARBIE DOLL!!!" kick.

Yeah, I'm not getting anything constructive done tonight. My inner nine year old girl is calling...

(I swiped that particular image from Amazon.com)

11 Comments:

  • At April 15, 2007 2:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh my word! Thank you...I finally know what I need to get my roommate for her birthday.
    And about the costumes -- hey, it's never too late to learn, right? Seriously, giving her a She-Hulk makeover would be awesome. :)

     
  • At April 15, 2007 2:51 AM, Blogger Revena said…

    wooooo Barbies!

    (I've been coveting that very one for some time now)

     
  • At April 15, 2007 3:07 AM, Blogger Ragnell said…

    Nice!

    I am buying this one before the weekend is through.

     
  • At April 15, 2007 6:25 AM, Blogger Flidget Jerome said…

    Noooooo!!!

    Don't mess with Elphie!!! Buy a Glinda and pose them together!

    Or at least buy another Elphie and then dress that one as She-Hulk instead.

    - Flidget, who has never read the books but has very fond memories of the incredibly shoujo-ai musical.

     
  • At April 15, 2007 2:10 PM, Blogger Sleestak said…

    She looks like Allysa Milano.

     
  • At April 15, 2007 4:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Green Barbie with lightsabers... now that is an utterly awesome thought. Will you take pictures and post them?

     
  • At April 15, 2007 5:18 PM, Blogger clmcshane said…

    You could always use liquid stitch
    http://www.nextag.com/Liquid-Stitch-from-Miles-528723204/prices-html
    and you should be able to dye a gymnast outfit or a ballerina to start it off.

     
  • At April 16, 2007 10:25 AM, Blogger SallyP said…

    My first thought was, now you can make a Jade figure!

    My second thought, was why would she want to? Unless you can get a Kyle too.

     
  • At April 16, 2007 3:03 PM, Blogger Ferrous Buller said…

    Whenever ladies speak of customizing dolls, I think of this.

     
  • At April 17, 2007 9:22 AM, Blogger kalinara said…

    PnR: Maybe, no camera yet though. :-)

     
  • At April 17, 2007 8:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Just saeing at this beautiful art I could reach nirvana... Imust agree w/ pd, pnr and fidget.

    ...stillin awe of the coolness.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home