Pretty, Fizzy Paradise

I'm back! And reading! And maybe even blogging! No promises!

Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Bat-Meanderings

I just realized I haven't blogged about the relatively recent Batman movie news, which I'm sure everyone's heard and/or seen right now anyway.

I'm reasonably excited. I liked the first well enough, though Bruce has never really been my cup of tea. I didn't seem to like it as much as the rest of the world, it seemed, but I was entertained. Heath Ledger looks like he'll be an interesting Joker. Though I'm more interested in Anthony Michael Hall's "mystery role".

...

The Dead Zone made me realize he was attractive. It was the cane. Shut up.

Anyway, I wonder though if we won't end up with too many villains in this movie in the same vein as Spiderman 3.

It's probably too soon to tell.

At least there's eye candy anyway. And Heath Ledger's Joker is creepy. Creeepy.

Though must we really have the Katie Holmes/not-played by Katie Holmes anymore character? It's not like she's particularly intrinsic to the Bat-mythos after all. Also, she annoys me. And how the heck is she the same age as Bruce?

She's either going to have to be written out or die anyway. Why not have her leave for a new career opportunity between the movies?

Still, it should be fun. Especially for Michael Caine's Alfred. All Alfreds rock!

6 Comments:

  • At May 29, 2007 10:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    My own pet theory: Anthony Michael Hall is playing Jeremiah Arkham--but I don't know why that would be a secret. Unless he falls in love with the Joker and becomes Harley Quinn halfway through the movie.

    Didn't Batman Begins have like four villains? Ra's al Ghul, Scarecrow, Carmine Falcone and (if you're generous) Mr. Zsasz. I think they avoided the usual awfulness of too many villains because there was no "You don't like Batman? I don't like Batman! Let's hook-up!" scene. Instead they were all working together from the beginning.

    I hope they either bring back Flass or introduce Bullock. I loves me a fat sidekick for Gordon.

    I'm actually glad Rachel's back in this one (but I don't at all mind them recasting her); I like the character. And when I was a kid, it kinda bugged me how the women always disappeared in the next Batmovie. Although, Bruce is a freak. Maybe they're all still in the Batcave somewhere...

     
  • At May 29, 2007 11:15 AM, Blogger SallyP said…

    ALLLFFFREEEDDD!

    Er...*ahem* Pardon me, I just really like Michael Caine as Alfred. And yes, Heath Ledger as the Joker is just creepy beyond words.

     
  • At May 29, 2007 11:52 AM, Blogger Will Staples said…

    Anthony Michael Hall's a fine actor and a good-looking guy, but I can't look at him without imagining him trapped under a glass table and screaming, "JAAAAAAAAKE!" :^/

    Maybe he could be the Riddler?

     
  • At May 29, 2007 3:22 PM, Blogger Centurion said…

    Agreed with most of what's been said, but I'm pretty sure Rachel is killed off to allow Harvey to take the spotlight. I haven't read spoilers along those lines, nor have I heard anything from insiders. It's just a strong feeling I have.

    Rachel as character didn't annoy me so much as Katie Holmes as Rachel did. She just didn't bring a strong delivery of character. Then again, Bruce already had a moral compass to grow from - Alfred.

     
  • At May 29, 2007 3:33 PM, Blogger Rob S. said…

    Anothony Michael Hall *IS* Aunt Harriet!

     
  • At May 29, 2007 4:03 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    I'm not making any judgements on Ledger's Joker untill I hear him speak, (ie: Laugh). becuase although he might look creepy, he could end up being a lame duck in good makeup

     

Post a Comment

<< Home