Pretty, Fizzy Paradise

I'm back! And reading! And maybe even blogging! No promises!

Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Eight Facts About Me...

Sally tagged me, so I should comply!

I PROMISE I'll post something of substance soon. Just...not right now.

Anyway, eight random facts about me...

1. I was one of the first kids in my neighborhood whose family had a PC (My dad is an engineer, so he used it for work.) I spent most of my childhood playing ancient Dungeons and Dragons games on it. It had some very funny side effects, in the sense that six/seven-year-old me couldn't spell "flower", but somehow had no problem with the word "charisma".

2. Speaking of spelling, at age eight, my claim to fame was being able to spell Czechoslovakia backwards. It was the most useless skill ever, especially as it'd wasn't that long before the country split.

3. I'm a decent, though by no means athlete level, swimmer. I'd taken swim lessons in some form or another since I was six months old. I was on a swim team in middle school, before health reasons got in the way. I also was lifeguard certified some years ago, though my certification's long since expired, without it ever being used.

4. I CAN actually stand in the same position as the infamous Mary Jane statue. I should add, however, that I also have mild scoliosis. Make of that what you will.

5. I love salt. And am at least somewhat physically addicted to it. My parents used to give me a hard time about the amount of salt I used until I cut back for a week before a physical and my blood pressure'd dropped to insane DOOM levels. They stopped complaining after that.

I identify very strongly with the salt vampire in the Star Trek episode...

6. I was born nearly two months premature. (February 7th was my birthdate, my due date April 1st. There's a bad joke in there...). There was apparently a blizzard. I was easily the largest baby in the preemie ward.

Apparently the doctor warned that I'd be developmentally slow. I sometimes like to imagine that's true. I've got an overly high opinion of my own intelligence now. Maybe if I were born on time I'd be a gigantic genius!

It'd make an interesting parallel universe antagonist!

7. My first crush was Mr. Spock. It was the ears.

8. I had many many nicknames during my childhood. The most common probably being "muddyacorn". I'm not explaining that though.

Urk. I don't know who hasn't been tagged for this... Oh well. Anyone who reads me and wants to take part, go ahead! :-)

2 Comments:

  • At June 26, 2007 9:29 AM, Blogger SallyP said…

    Salt is good. Salt and gravy are good. Being able to spell Czech...that country backwards is also a useful skill. Just one of those idiotic things that can thrill and amaze your friends, and confound your enemies.


    And look, you had a topic for today! Coming up with blog material every day is hard! I was reduced to talking about my hair.

     
  • At June 26, 2007 4:13 PM, Blogger Centurion said…

    Yeah, I've been religated to the one post every week or two mode.

    Still...some of these things make me wonder about you...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home