Pretty, Fizzy Paradise

I'm back! And reading! And maybe even blogging! No promises!

Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Personal Blatherings... (Non-comic)

Well, I did it. A while back I turned in my two week notice at my job at the Only Toy Store in the Lansing Area and this Saturday will be my last day.

I'm going to miss it. It was a good job and everyone's really nice.

I never did find that Sand action figure. But then our collection of JLU figures always did kind of suck. Our lego Batman on the other hand always did rock... (Apparently there's going to be a lego Batman game out soon. Like the Star Wars one. I'm always the last to hear about it, but that'll be awesome. Especially if you can get Batgirl, Catwoman, Poison Ivy and the like. The Star Wars games are great fun, but there isn't a whole lot available for female characters that aren't just one of Padme or Leia's alternate costumes...)

On the plus side, I found a neat Elite Operations doll (sized as a Ken doll) that actually has a gas mask! Now all I need is a trenchcoat and a fedora and I'm gold! (He's even got the perfect vacant expression to be a Wes Dodds doll!) It makes a suitable last purchase on my employee discount, don't ya think? (Alas, if only he were blond. :-))

And really, I'm awfully depressed that I know so much about upcoming Barbie movie releases. I mean they're cute and all (and some of them are surprisingly proactive with decently strong female portrayals not centered around landing a man, if really fucking dull) but honestly I could do without it. The Island Princess doesn't look as catchy as Fairytopia anyway.

Also, if I never have to answer the Wii question again, it'll be too soon.

Hey, no more repeating annoying music! Yay!

After that's law school. Got accepted into MSU's law department. I don't really know what to expect. Except maybe soon I'll get to rant and rave about the travesty of law portrayals in comics. I'm looking forward to that. I need blog posts. :-)

(Oh and I haven't forgotten I still owe people questions...:-))

18 Comments:

  • At June 20, 2007 7:26 AM, Blogger running42k said…

    Congrats on the law school thing and good luck.

     
  • At June 20, 2007 8:29 AM, Blogger Tom Bondurant said…

    Congratulations on getting into law school! I didn't know it at the time, but it's actually kinda like blogging: you read cases every night, make notes on them, and then prepare to talk about the cases' ideas the next day in class. Therefore, you should do really well!

     
  • At June 20, 2007 8:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Congratulations in regards to law school!

     
  • At June 20, 2007 8:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Conguratulations about the law school thing!

    However, I hope this isn't the first step in a road that'll lead you to becoming the next Manhunter (Or Two-face. Or Vigilante) - maybe more Daredevil or She-hulk perhaps?

    Good luck.

     
  • At June 20, 2007 8:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Conguratulations?? What the heck is that - clearly I meant Congratulations!

     
  • At June 20, 2007 10:21 AM, Blogger Rob S. said…

    Congratulations! Leaving a job you enjoy is always a bittersweet affair, even if you're leaving for something better. I remember leaving my first newspaper job (an entertainment reporting gig), happy about where i was going, but missing those sweet, sweet perks, and the people I worked with.

    But law school is definitely a step in the right direction. Good luck with it.

     
  • At June 20, 2007 10:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Don't worry dan...in about a month, that will become standard internet speak.

     
  • At June 20, 2007 10:57 AM, Blogger Rob S. said…

    Congorillatulations!

    (I'd so dig a greeting card that said that with an appropriate image...)

     
  • At June 20, 2007 12:04 PM, Blogger SallyP said…

    It's ok, you can still play with toys. Oh, and kudos on that Law School thing. Mild-mannered attorney by day, super-powered vigilante by night!

    If you want to change his hair color, consider picking up one of those paint kit thingies that the gamers use to paint their little figures with. Works great! I have done a little cosmetic surgery on my own dolls...er...action figures over the years.

     
  • At June 20, 2007 3:13 PM, Blogger Rich said…

    Congrats on law school - and don't worry, you can still get toys if you want to.

    Of course between all the books and partying, you probably won't be able to afford them...

     
  • At June 20, 2007 3:49 PM, Blogger Ragtime said…

    Mazel tov.

    It's been almost a decade since I finished law school, but if you need any advice, let me know. I will probably not be any help, but you never know!

     
  • At June 20, 2007 8:42 PM, Blogger Mickle said…

    congrats and good luck!

     
  • At June 20, 2007 9:36 PM, Blogger Ashley said…

    Congratulations on law school! Sorry I never got around to stopping in and introducing myself.
    Good luck!

     
  • At June 20, 2007 9:38 PM, Blogger LurkerWithout said…

    Good luck and best wishes...

     
  • At June 20, 2007 10:12 PM, Blogger Amy Reads said…

    Hi Kalinara,
    Law school! Huzzah! Congrats, and best of luck!
    Ciao,
    Amy

     
  • At June 20, 2007 11:10 PM, Blogger Hale of Angelthorne said…

    "After that's law school"

    Run Luke! Run!

     
  • At June 22, 2007 2:12 AM, Blogger Aero! said…

    Learn, as quickly as humanly possible, to accept horribly inaccurate portrayals of the law in fiction. It will make you a much happier fan/lawyer.

    Besides, as long as the universe in which fiction is taking place is a highly fictionalized one, you can just kid yourself that that universe must just have different laws. That little calmative got me through the big trial in this season of Battlestar Galactica.

    Best of luck. I just graduated from law school and already miss it. All you need is dedication, a skeptical outlook, and strong verbal skills - so I'm sure you'll do great.

     
  • At June 23, 2007 6:01 AM, Blogger kalinara said…

    Sally, neat idea! I'm not sure he has the skin tone for blond, but I can give it a shot! :-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home