Pretty, Fizzy Paradise

I'm back! And reading! And maybe even blogging! No promises!

Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Darnit DC...

Yay, DC Solicits are up!

Okay, I'm one of the handful of folks actually enjoying Countdown, I know. And I think the tie-ins actually look pretty neat. I'm definitely looking forward to when Kyle shows up there.

And I'm really excited about all this "Challengers of the Unknown" stuff. I want to see Donna, Kyle and Jason team up darnit.

But can someone please tell me why ALL the "Countdown presents: the search for Ray Palmer" issues are #1? Red Rain? Gotham By Gaslight? It sounds as though the same folks are starring in each after all (judging by Kyle being on the cover of one and constant references to the "Challengers").

I mean, I AM all excited for the exploring the multiverse thing, but why are they all, separate, #1s? Why can't they be: "Countdown Presents: yadda yadda" #2 Gotham by Gaslight?. Or whichever number that would actually be.

How in the world am I supposed to know which one to read first?

I LIKE reading things in order, darnit! This is cruelty to the easily confused. Hmph.

Oh well, I'm totally gonna buy 'em anyway. I just want my protest known. :-)

6 Comments:

  • At August 21, 2007 7:33 AM, Blogger Centurion said…

    I think I maybe one of the only people alive that wants an ongoing Red Rain series...

    It's not impossible, just difficult.

     
  • At August 21, 2007 8:27 AM, Blogger Rich said…

    Read 'em in the order they come out - or in the order that the team visits the worlds in the regular Countdown book :)

    Oh, and I'm now enjoying it too...so that makes two of us at least!

     
  • At August 21, 2007 9:55 AM, Blogger Will said…

    I'd ask why they're only visiting Batman Elseworlds, until I realize I can't really remember any others.

     
  • At August 21, 2007 12:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Looks like Kyle got a new costume as well.

     
  • At August 21, 2007 2:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    But can someone please tell me why ALL the "Countdown presents: the search for Ray Palmer" issues are #1? Red Rain? Gotham By Gaslight?

    Because #1 issues sell better, and if you make every issue a #1...

     
  • At August 21, 2007 4:45 PM, Blogger Ragtime said…

    While I am not enjoying Countdown, I AM, I believe, the only person in the world who has been enjoying The Outsiders. They are doing the exact same things this month with the "Five of a Kind" five part series on who gets to be in the new Batman and the Outsiders.

    They are all numbered Five of a Kind: Trident and Manhunter #1, followed by Five of a Kind: Wonder Girl and Shift #1 and Five of a Kind: Spider-Woman and Darkseid #1 (names may have been changed to protect the innocent).

    I mean, it's a five part series! Is it really going to boost your sales that much to number them all #1 instead of the logical 1-5?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home