Pretty, Fizzy Paradise

I'm back! And reading! And maybe even blogging! No promises!

Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Solicits!!!

So the DC Solicits are out (with a scant handful of Marvel ones available as well).

Got some interesting things out there and some reactions from me, of course, in no particular order.

-They've FINALLY found Ray Palmer? Holy heck that took a long damn time! How long does it take to search 52 universes anyway. :-P

-Teen Titans Year One looks interesting, but what the hell is up with Aqualad's face. Why does he look all sunken-eyed zombie? I mean I get that it must be hell being Aqualad, but still!

-I'm guessing that Raven'll be off the Teen Titans, if only because they're doing that whole Titans East thing. It'd be weird to bring back that team and leave her with the spratlings.

-I'm enjoying Countdown and most of the tie ins, and Kory and Buddy are always a fun team. But honestly, I couldn't care LESS about Forerunner. Sorry.

-Crime Bible still looks pretty neat though.

-I really hope that body Ollie's holding isn't Connor's. I mean...sure, no one seems to have figured out what to do with him in ages, but that's just mean. Sheesh.

-This "Familiar Costume" thing in Gotham Underground and possibly Robin looks fairly intriguing. I may not be all gung-ho for the memorial case, but it'd be nice to see Steph acknowledged by the characters a bit more.

-Goddamnit, this Booster Gold thing is really intriguing me. All the nifty Time Travel things.

-So are we gonna see the post Crisis version of the Joe Chill's capture? Because that'll be pretty interesting.

-I like the Superman solicit's parenthetical inserts. (On the moon), indeed.

-Supergirl's getting ANOTHER "Startling new direction"? I'm trying to be optimistic here, but this is starting to sound like a maze.

-Finheaded costumes never look good, sorry, they just don't.

-Flash looks fun (and no Acuna!) while GL is really intriguing. I wonder if those rumors about an Oan Civil War are going to be true. That ought to be fun.
--Why hasn't anyone given Mongul a yellow ring before?

-Yay, new wave heroes in JSA. I've been intrigued by the new Mister America from the first arc. There's just something so powerful about being forced to see the absolute worst consequences for herodom and still putting on the mask. Also Jakeem's finally back!
--On the downside, this means it's even less likely my favorite'll get a speaking line. But I do like the idea of a Justice Society with a wide JLU esque membership.

-A JSA Classified that's actually about characters that haven't been showcased there before? Neat! Plot sounds kind of Orphean, but I won't write it off too quick.

--Wonder Woman's sounding particularly interesting. Exactly the sort of aftermath I've been hoping to see.

And for the record, I totally think the new Cap design is a trick. :-P I'm just sayin'.

12 Comments:

  • At October 16, 2007 9:50 AM, Blogger SallyP said…

    It seems so strange NOT to see Sinestro Corps labels on all the Green Lantern books. It may take me a while to adjust!

    Not Booster!

    I'm assuming that's Zinda on BoP, but I haven't the faintest idea who the guy in the funny helmet is.

    Gosh, but I'm looking forward to Wonder Woman though.

     
  • At October 16, 2007 10:32 AM, Blogger Thomwade said…

    A question....are all 52 universes infinite? That might be why it takes so long.

     
  • At October 16, 2007 11:09 AM, Blogger Ragtime said…

    I'm enjoying Countdown and most of the tie ins, and Kory and Buddy are always a fun team.

    The part I liked about the space heroes in '52' was that they put the "sex kitten" superhero out in space with the two most happily married heroes in the DCU, and they made it work so that there was no hint of sexual tension for the whole year. They all got to be "Ulysses" hero and find their ways home.

    Now, Kory has lost her powers, and you can't turn two pages without Ellen giving a looked of repressed jealousy, or the boy taking naked pictures of Kory.

    So, for me at least, Countdown to Adventure is bad for exactly the same reasons that 52 was good. Kory in '52' was the heroic star with no sex. Now, she's the unpowered 'other woman.'

    --Why hasn't anyone given Mongul a yellow ring before?

    Maybe he's only been the second most fear-inspiring guy in his sector? Like the evil version of Guy Gardner. Always the bridesmaid, never the yellow ring bearer of Sector X?

     
  • At October 16, 2007 11:10 AM, Blogger kalinara said…

    Maybe he's only been the second most fear-inspiring guy in his sector? Like the evil version of Guy Gardner. Always the bridesmaid, never the yellow ring bearer of Sector X?

    Hey, now, Guy wasn't second. He was just farther away. :-)

    Could work as an explanation though. :-P

     
  • At October 16, 2007 12:54 PM, Blogger D.Bishop (aka Mr. Allison Blaire) said…

    Personally Forerunner is nothing but an excuse to show some random blood and guts. That little escapade on the Nazi Earth took me by surprise.

     
  • At October 16, 2007 2:18 PM, Blogger Rob S. said…

    Those Superman parens were my favorite part of the solicits!

     
  • At October 16, 2007 3:22 PM, Blogger tavella said…

    Connor would certainly fit in the whole "let's trash/kill off 90s heroes!" kick DC has been on. Roy would get more publicity, though, which seems to be the goal of these things.

    And what do you mean, trick? I.e., there only to have Bucky reject it as a stupid? I could see that, it would explain why Ross doesn't appear to have spent much time or thought it, instead rehashing the spiderman redesign. But the way he goes on about defending the wings in the interview at least makes it sound like it's there for a while.

     
  • At October 16, 2007 3:34 PM, Blogger kalinara said…

    tavella: Essentially I think someone's lying. :-) It's one of those things though that we'll see soon enough if I'm right or if it IS exactly what it looks like/what they're saying it is. :-)

     
  • At October 16, 2007 5:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I think the OMACs have made finheads permanently uncool, even though techinically it was a mohawk.

     
  • At October 16, 2007 10:00 PM, Blogger R.Nav said…

    I LOVE the Captain America redesign!!

    P.S. Nobody tell marvel he's wearing the Puerto Rican flag! ^_^

     
  • At October 16, 2007 10:33 PM, Blogger kalinara said…

    R.Nav: Well, at least Puerto Rico's a part of America? :-)

     
  • At October 17, 2007 3:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Sorta, really, not really kinda thing. Unofficial 52nd state, but still thought of as its own country.

    However, You could say almost the same thing about Central America with the huge amount of money they own the U.S.

    Ahem anyhoo, I don't know why I didn't see the Puerto Rican flag on him...Wow. I like the costume though.

    I'm excited about WW, worried about Catwoman, love Wonder Girl mini, I might convert and read Green Lantern Corps monthly...and that's all I got for DC :-P

     

Post a Comment

<< Home