Pretty, Fizzy Paradise

I'm back! And reading! And maybe even blogging! No promises!

Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Wes Dodds is a Dork!

It's occurred to me, I haven't made fun of Wesley Dodds in AGES. Let's face it, as much as I love Wes, he does have his decidedly lame, stupid or jackassy moments. (I've immortalized quite a few on this blog in fact!)

Today, I'd like to highlight a nice bit from JSA Returns. As a background, JSA Returns is a nice little miniseries of connected stories starring different team ups back in the 1940s. My favorite of course is JSA Returns #1: A Terrifying Hour.

It touts itself as a Star-Spangled Kid/Sandman team-up, but through a selection of mishaps, ends up a Sandy the Golden Boy/Pat Dugan team up.

And is all the better for it, I must say. But anyway, what happens to Wes?

Well, first, Sylvester gets himself brainwashed. Then he subsequently brains Wes.



What's great about this is that, notice, Syl's not even TRYING to hit Wes! He's aiming at Pat! PAT however has the brains to DUCK.

Pat then punches out Sylvester, which is incredibly satisfying seeing as how Sylvester's a freakin' tool, and he and Sandy save the city, so it's all good. But poor Wes misses all the excitement! (Next time warn AND duck, goober)

6 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home