Pretty, Fizzy Paradise

I'm back! And reading! And maybe even blogging! No promises!

Saturday, December 01, 2007

Nifty News By Way of Comics Fairplay!

Ooo, lookit what Heidi Meeley found on Newsarama!

A Starman omnibus! And the GOOD kind of Starman, not the sparkly Murdockian crazy-by-way-of-wacky Starman! Yay!

Of course 49.99 is a bit depressingly pricy for me, and I've never quite been able to rationalize buying hardcovers if I have access to much less pricy TPBs/softcovers. Barring a holiday gift or something, I probably won't be getting it myself.

But hey, it's still awesome news. I know lots of people who'll be positively thrilled! :-)

5 Comments:

  • At December 01, 2007 6:26 AM, Blogger Flidget Jerome said…

    Zoman.

    ZOMAN.

    I never thought of myself as the type who buys the delux hardcover collections but first Starman tpb is in pieces, I've read it so often.

     
  • At December 01, 2007 7:23 AM, Blogger LurkerWithout said…

    Yeah, DC dropped the news back at the Dallas con. The fact that it will include all the Shade stuff means I'll need to figure out how to budget for these at some point. Making this the only series I've EVER willingly bought THREE times...

     
  • At December 01, 2007 11:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yeah, you know I'm thrilled. Even if I do have all the original comics. Even The Shade stuff and the John Byrne Flash story that totally contradicted all of Robinson's work on Shade until he worked a way around it.

    The Shade stuff, all the uncollected stuff and a whole bunch of extras and commentary from the sound of it.

    And this is still more affordable than those Sandman coffee-table books.

     
  • At December 01, 2007 1:32 PM, Blogger David Tai said…

    You can probably knock it down to between 25-30 depending on which online bookstore you have a membership to and coupons- would that make you feel lots better?

     
  • At December 02, 2007 2:53 AM, Blogger Evan Waters said…

    There's a cover image up somewhere which is utterly utterly beautiful.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home