Pretty, Fizzy Paradise

I'm back! And reading! And maybe even blogging! No promises!

Thursday, January 31, 2008

Action Figure Interlude

Shelly's got a post up with pictures of figures of Power Girl and Supergirl from the Kandor storyline.

I didn't HATE the Kandor arc. Not completely anyway. There were parts that were pretty hideous pandering, what with the shower scene and evil cousin kissing, that didn't sit right with me. But, I remember being very intrigued by the beginning of it. And even sort of liking the personality Kara was beginning to show, even if it, like the rest of the storyline, quickly went downhill for me.

To be fair, I may be looking at it with rose-colored nostalgia glasses though, since I thought the comic got far far worse before it got better.

But that's all tangential to the fact that those figures are great! Seriously, I'm not much for collecting action figures but I might consider making an exception for those. Especially for the wings. I really really like those wings. :-)

1 Comments:

  • At January 31, 2008 4:48 PM, Blogger ShellyS said…

    Yeah, I think they wasted what could have been a great storyline. Yet, given how horrid the earlier SG figs have mostly been, this is amazing. And we've got at least one other nice one to look forward to this year.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home