Pretty, Fizzy Paradise

I'm back! And reading! And maybe even blogging! No promises!

Monday, January 07, 2008

Poor Jarvis!

You know who I feel sorry for in this whole OMD debacle (disclaimer: I don't read Spider-Man, so for all I know, it could be awesome. I doubt this, but I feel I ought to say that.)

Not Peter. Not even MJ. Not even the readers.

I feel bad for Jarvis.

He was FINALLY getting a romance, damnit! He and Aunt May were such a cute idea! And for years of putting up with Tony Stark and the rest of those costume ninnies, he deserved something!

For the record, I also think that for the years of being perpetually 90, on the brink of death, and losing her husband, and never knowing her nephew's Spider-Man, Aunt May ALSO deserved something!

It was cute!

Hmph. I was indifferent to this whole OMD thing before, but now I'm just plain annoyed. Darnit!

7 Comments:

  • At January 07, 2008 6:26 AM, Blogger LurkerWithout said…

    Ultimate Aunt May almost hooked up with Gwen Stacy's dad. But she originally was made to seem like a woman in her late 40s or early 50s. No idea how old the current "just suffered a heart attack" Ult. Aunt May is since I stopped reading a while ago...

     
  • At January 07, 2008 8:58 AM, Blogger SallyP said…

    Crapity crap crap, you're absolutely right. Is the whole "living in the Avenger's Mansion" thing now a thing of our fevered imaginations? Jarvis and Aunt May WERE cute together.

    This whole OMD has opened a hideous can of worms, affecting not just Peter and MJ but a whole host of other characters and story lines. It is all well and good of Marvel to just say "ignore" the marriage, everything else is fine, but my brain doesn't work that way.

    Sockamagee!

     
  • At January 07, 2008 12:13 PM, Blogger Scout said…

    I was going to post something similar on my blog today. I guess it still happened, just that nobody remembers it, which is pretty much the same as it not actually happening. Aunt May already had a date with some other guy in that FCBD story, but poor Jarvis.

     
  • At January 07, 2008 3:57 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    To be honest, before the May thing, I always thought Jarvis was pretty much suppose to be gay, but in that 1950's "My generation doesn't dare talk about such things" kind of way.

     
  • At January 07, 2008 8:26 PM, Blogger Chris Sims said…

    I'm more upset that the same guy who dated the cute young English girl in the Walt Simonson run on Avengers went from her to Spider-Man's octagenarian aunt.

    I mean really.

     
  • At January 07, 2008 10:07 PM, Blogger Scott (The Mad Thinker) Anderson said…

    Clearly, Aunt May gets around. Capt. Stacey, Jarvis, and Doc Ock? What is her type?

    Odd how they made Peter so entwined in the Marvel universe only to screw up all his interactions. Seems like you’d want to do just the opposite, isolate him so when you changed his past it didn’t screw with the history of your biggest selling book. I don’t get it.

     
  • At January 08, 2008 12:07 AM, Blogger Michael Fountain: Blood for Ink said…

    What I find most disturbing is the creepy infantalization of Peter Parker this reboot implies.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home