Pretty, Fizzy Paradise

I'm back! And reading! And maybe even blogging! No promises!

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Movie News

So apparently there's a direct to video gap filler for between Batman Begins and Dark Knight.

I have to admit, it does seem kind of cool. I did like some of the Animatrix after all, (though some of it bored me). It's also nice to spotlight different parts of Bruce's development that probably would have hit the cutting room floor if left in Dark Knight.

And they do seem to have good writers attached. The extras look kind of neat too. It makes me regret that personally, I have very little interest in Bruce Wayne/Batman himself. (Also, I have to confess a cardinal sin. I actually kind of thought Batman Begins was a bit overrated. You can shun me now, it's okay. :-P I did like it, mind you, just not, it seemed, as much as everyone else.)

I'm watching the new one for Harvey Dent really. :-) And because the footage at the convention looked really really good.

So I dunno if I'll get this or not. I guess it depends on how much I like Dark Knight. It is kind of weird that it looks, at least from the picture on Newsarama, so anime-esque. But maybe I'll think differently seeing more than one picture. I suppose it amuses me since anime-style is so clearly derived from manga, which has a completely different graphic evolution than American superhero comics. So an anime-esque Batman movie would make me giggle.

Oh, and good news on the Justice League movie front. The only named actor I've heard of is the OC guy, but that strikes me as a good thing. This way the "star factor" won't overpower the superhero role. :-)

6 Comments:

  • At February 27, 2008 2:42 PM, Blogger Ferrous Buller said…

    I actually kind of thought Batman Begins was a bit overrated.

    While I really enjoyed it, BB definitely had its flaws: David Goyer tends to make his scripts overly complicated; Katie Holmes was terribly miscast; and Ken Watanabe was utterly wasted.

    So: very good, but not quite worthy of the effusive praise it gets. Make some room on the pariah bench for me, would ya? :-)

    BTW, here's a first look at it that I didn't notice in the Newsarama bit.

     
  • At February 27, 2008 7:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Wasn't the whole point of the movie TO be a Batman anime? Didn't they hire top anime studios to produce it?

     
  • At February 28, 2008 1:45 AM, Blogger K. D. Bryan said…

    It is kind of weird that it looks, at least from the picture on Newsarama, so anime-esque.

    Um, I hate to tell you this if anime isn't your thing but this is going to be super anime style, what with all the famous anime directors being on board *points* Since I love both Rucka and the fellow behind Paprika, I honestly can't wait for this movie. :D

    PS. If my old YouTube link on the subject is dead, you can also go here for an extended interview/preview.

     
  • At February 28, 2008 4:52 AM, Blogger kalinara said…

    I don't actually mind anime. :-) I just didn't want to make an assumption since even anime studios can occasionally work on projects that aren't anime style.

    I do think it's very funny though to have an anime-esque Batman. :-)

     
  • At February 28, 2008 10:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I actually kind of thought Batman Begins was a bit overrated.

    Keep in mind that the previous Batman movie was "Batman and Robin," quite possibly, without exaggeration, the worst movie ever made. "Manos, Hand of Fate" bad.

    Expectations were so low that what was merely a well made, entertaining movie looked like Shakespeare.

     
  • At March 01, 2008 8:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I thought Batman Begins was tremendously overrated--just another big, dumb summer movie about stuff blowing up. It didn't have a tenth of the charm or intelligence of the Michael Keaton Batman movie.

    Bill

     

Post a Comment

<< Home