Pretty, Fizzy Paradise

I'm back! And reading! And maybe even blogging! No promises!

Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Why am I ALWAYS the last to know?

So...apparently there's a GI-Joe movie now?

Really?

I mean, I guess I can see it. But still, what IS it with the trend of 80s cartoons being made into movies recently?

And does this mean we might get a He-Man movie that doesn't actually suck? (Though admittedly, Dolph Lundgren was very pretty...) I could go for a He-Man movie. Or an Adventures of the Galaxy Rangers movie. Just too bad Jerry Orbach's passed on, since well, voice acting aside, they clearly based Zachary Foxx's character design on him. Those eyebrows are intentional damnit. It could work, Firefly's DVD sales seem to indicate folks like space-westerns!

Still, I'm slightly weirded out by the idea of a GI-Joe movie. It's like my childhood's come back and has started whapping me in the face with a frozen halibut. I mean, I'll probably like it, but the trend still boggles the fuck out of me.

For the record, I still think Thundercats is gonna suck.

8 Comments:

  • At February 12, 2008 10:05 AM, Blogger SallyP said…

    That's ok, I didn't know about it either. Who on earth are they going to find to play Tomax and Xamot?

    I don't quite understand the whole idea of transforming cartoons into live-action movies. The cartoon medium gives you so much more freedom, while a live-action movie just becomes another paeon to special effects.

     
  • At February 12, 2008 1:48 PM, Blogger D.Bishop (aka Mr. Allison Blaire) said…

    I might be interested in this movie, if I knew for a fact how casting for three of my favorites ( Lady Jay, Flint, and Cobra Commander)was gonna be perfect. Isn't Thundercats supposed to be an animated feature ? I totally forgot about that one

    About the whole cartoon to live action transfer, this was the kind of stuff that I dreamed about as a kid. Never thought the day would actually come when all my favorite cartoons, comics and video games came to life. None of them came out how I imagined they would when I was 8, which is both good and bad.

     
  • At February 12, 2008 5:57 PM, Blogger originalslugboy said…

    I may have read this wrong, but did you say you would probably enjoy being slapped across the face with a frozen halibut?!?

    Last I heard- and this was quite a while ago- John Woo was going to direct a live action Masters of the Universe movie. Can you imagine the size of the slow-motion doves on Eternia?

     
  • At February 13, 2008 10:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Randy Quaid as Duke? Intriguing. Christopher Eccleston as Destro? I am so there.

     
  • At February 13, 2008 10:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Sorry...not Randy...DENNIS Quaid.

     
  • At February 13, 2008 1:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    There's so many 80's movies because all of us who were kids in the 80's are the twenty-somethings that dictate the course of the entertainment industry with our free-flowing cash. We're saying 'hey the 80's were awesome and I want 'em back'.

    Also, you are right about many things kalinara, but you are dead wrong about Thundercats. It's gonna rock. Both me and my Target-bought Thundercats logo t-shirt say so! :P

     
  • At February 14, 2008 12:36 PM, Blogger Joe said…

    I was of two minds how I felt about my favourite 80s property turned into a live-action big screen edition. Having Stephen Sommers as director is not filling me with hope.

     
  • At February 14, 2008 3:22 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Arnold Vosloo as Zartan!!!


    EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

    ~GeekGirlsRule!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home