Pretty, Fizzy Paradise

I'm back! And reading! And maybe even blogging! No promises!

Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Interesting

Okay, so I've been slowly catching up on movie news. I'm surprised at guy cast as Rincewind for the Pratchett movie. He's a lot older than I expected. (I'd always imagined Rincewind as early middle age at the most.)

Oh well, to be honest, while I love anything Granny Weatherwax I never really got into the rest of the Discworld books, so I'm not terribly invested in it.

Besides, this guy apparently was the voice of Count Duckula which means that he can do no wrong. Ever. :-)

It's funny, as much as I religiously watched the cartoon as a kid, the thing that mesmerized me the most was the logo of the Thames at the very beginning. The words reflected in the water. I dug that. I was a weird child.

6 Comments:

  • At March 04, 2008 6:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh God, that's awful. David Jason is not only much too old (Rincewind's thirty at most, I'd say) but he's probably far too self-confident and charming to play Rincewind.

     
  • At March 04, 2008 6:42 AM, Blogger LurkerWithout said…

    Honestly after they changed Twoflower into an American I stopped paying attention to anyone they cast for it...

     
  • At March 04, 2008 9:40 AM, Blogger Flidget Jerome said…

    Yeah, I'm not entirely happy with that casting choice either. Along with all the other objections I think he just looks wrong. Rincewind's supposed to be thin and nervy and David Jason's just very buff and hearty-looking.

     
  • At March 04, 2008 10:33 AM, Blogger Ununnilium said…

    I have to totally agree on the Thames, BTW.

     
  • At March 04, 2008 11:56 AM, Blogger Zaratustra said…

    Huh. He played Albert on the -previous- Discworld movie.

     
  • At March 04, 2008 11:57 AM, Blogger Zaratustra said…

    Twoflower, American? hahaha, awesome.

    A pic of Rincewind in the movie: http://img.thesun.co.uk/multimedia/archive/00368/SNN0823P_280x390_368306a.jpg

     

Post a Comment

<< Home