Pretty, Fizzy Paradise

I'm back! And reading! And maybe even blogging! No promises!

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

DC/MK thoughts

I still don't quite know what to make of the idea of a Mortal Kombat/DC game. It just seems incompatible to me. I mean on one side, you have superheroes that aren't particularly inclined to lethal force and many are specifically against, and on the other side, you have a game where the best part was always the fatalities.

And to be honest, much as he is awesome, I do think Batman is particularly ill-suited to this kind of fight to the death situation. I mean, sure, he's got nifty toys, and is good at cheating but in the end...

Then again, he totally could take out Johnny Cage. I always thought Johnny was pretty much useless. Fucking movie star.

It does look pretty though. But it's still a really bizarre idea.

Actually, as fighting games go, I always thought Soul Calibur, or maybe Guilty Gear, would make a better mesh up with DC. They always seemed more about the story than the fatality if that makes sense. This of course has nothing to do with the fact that the Soul Calibur games are the only fighting games I've ever been able to learn to play.*

* It totally has to do with the fact that Soul Calibur's the only fighting game I ever remotely learned to play. My technique consists of using Cassandra/Sophia and poking people with the sword. It's actually kind of funny to watch me play Soul Calibur 3 with my ex-roommate. She uses the original character creation and learns all the awesome fancy moves since she rocks the strategic campaign and I pick Cassandra or Sophitia and poke her to death. It's all:

Her: *fancy move*
Me: *overhand chest poke move*
Her: *another fancy move*
Me: *same overhand chest poke*
Her: "Don't you know any other moves?" *new fancy move*
Me: "No actually." *poke* *poke* *poke*
Her: "Stop it!" *fancy move*
Me: *POKEPOKEPOKEPOKE*

"Cassandra wins!"

Her: "...I hate you."


I do think a Cassandra, Sophitia, and Diana team up would be awesome though. And watching the soul edge try to corrupt Batman would be nifty.

((For the record, I will rescind all complaints if Kyle Rayner is in this game and his fatality involves dropping a fridge on someone. Because then, I will laugh very very hard. Heh))

6 Comments:

  • At May 22, 2008 1:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    They took the fatalities out of the game. No, You can't have Kyle put Johnny Cage's head in a bubble and blast it into space. (Yes, that's the fatality I would give him)

    BTW they have a new Soul Calibur game coming out in two months.

     
  • At May 22, 2008 2:37 AM, Blogger Ami Angelwings said…

    I wonder why it's taken them so long to realize that Batman is PERFECT for a martial arts fighting game! XDDD

     
  • At May 22, 2008 3:33 AM, Blogger K. D. Bryan said…

    If Wonder Woman's Fatality Move isn't a Maxwell Lord neck snap, I'll be deeply disappointed.

    I liked Soul Calibur too. I was always the guy with the bo staff or Blond Elvis w the Nunchunks.

     
  • At May 22, 2008 5:55 AM, Blogger Diamondrock said…

    I would've wanted it to be the King of Fighters series. Not known much outside Japan, but TOTALLY FREAKIN' AWESOME!

     
  • At May 22, 2008 3:37 PM, Blogger kalinara said…

    Doesn't KoF have that redhaired guy with a belt inexplicably connecting his knees or something? I always wondered what was up with that.

     
  • At May 22, 2008 6:16 PM, Blogger Ami Angelwings said…

    IORI!!!!

    He is smexy XD And awesome :D But I luff Kyo more cuz he's Kyoish XD

    I have always wondered how Iori doesn't hurt himself fighting with that belt connecting his legs o_o

    DC fighters vs KoF would be awesome :O Cassandra Cain, Lady Shiva, Wonder Woman, Black Canary, Huntress, Batman, Nightwing, etc etc :OOOO

    This game must be made! XD

     

Post a Comment

<< Home