Pretty, Fizzy Paradise

I'm back! And reading! And maybe even blogging! No promises!

Sunday, May 25, 2008

An Open Letter to WFA Readers:

Dear readers of When Fangirls Attack who might also frequent my blog:

Look, we appreciate that you come to WFA to get links about particular topics. And we understand how frustrating it is to not find what you're looking for. Especially when you know that a) a significant feminist-issue-type event happened in this week's comics and you know that b) lots of people have written good things about it. Especially when c) WFA hasn't had a superhero comic related post for nearly two weeks.

Yes. That's frustrating. We apologize. Shit happens.

But kindly do NOT whine at the one blogger on WFA who is actually pulling her weight right now. Tangognat was kind enough to sign on to help us expand our manga coverage. She's never taken on any sort of responsibility regarding superhero comics. Bitching at her about the lack of superhero comic coverage is like bitching at the Sci-Fi channel for not showing more Spaghetti Westerns. And while I don't want to put words in anyone else's mouth, I know that if I were in that similar position, I would feel awfully unappreciated.

I'm sure no one was trying to slight Tangognat's contribution while complaining, but you know what? If you want to complain about the very inconvenient lull in superhero coverage, feel free to drop a line to me or Ragnell. You can even drop us links to posts you think we've forgotten and really don't want to see overlooked. We'd actually be very appreciative.

But kindly target the people actually at fault, thank you.

-Melissa Krause/Kalinara

4 Comments:

  • At May 25, 2008 11:55 AM, Blogger SallyP said…

    I...I've heard of fan entitlement, but this is ridiculous. People are actually whining on blogs about people who are or are not blogging?

    I enjoy WFA as much as the next person, but if you haven't posted in a while, I assume that you are busy, and go on to the next thing.

    *sigh*

     
  • At May 25, 2008 5:23 PM, Blogger Ami Angelwings said…

    o.o

    But you all do this on your own time. You aren't paid or nething :\ I know you have lives of your own and stuff :) I dun get why ppl would be acting like you owe them a WFA or something :( If nething they should be appreciative of everything you've done, that apparently is extremely useful to them, alrdy :)

    *hugs* :)

     
  • At May 26, 2008 12:32 AM, Blogger notintheface said…

    There was nothing to complain about. It didn't take a master detective to figure out that you and Lisa were too swamped to do it. And Anna was up front about her specialty.

    Besides, considering the inconsistent frequency with which I post on my own blog, any criticism coming from me on this score would have been like stones thrown from a glass house.

     
  • At May 27, 2008 1:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    What?! Someone was whining to Tangognat?! A-holes! We're finally getting manga coverage and people dare whine to her about a lack of comics coverage? It's anime/manga discrimination!

    Okay, I'm only half-serious about that line. I for one, do appreciate her work. It's helping me check out new manga series that I otherwise would not have bothered with. And she has found thoughtful review links of a few series I'm currently reading. It's nice to get a different perspective about series I read. :)

    Go Tangognat! The manga crowd applauds your efforts! :D

     

Post a Comment

<< Home