Pretty, Fizzy Paradise

I'm back! And reading! And maybe even blogging! No promises!

Thursday, May 15, 2008

Personal Update

So...personal update. My internship rocks. Seriously, it's awesome. Most of the time I have no idea what I'm doing or how to do it, I'm pretty sure I'm annoying the hell out of the supervising attorneys with all my questions and things like that, and I'm learning a ton.

Mostly how useless most of my law classes actually were. :-P

Well, that's not fair. Property and contracts have actually been somewhat useful, at least for providing a nice bit of set language to type into Westlaw. :-)

But really, no idea what I'm doing. It's a blast. :-)

On the downside, it's taking quite a bit more out of me than I thought to readjust my mostly nocturnal dwelling ass to a mostly-diurnal, working 9-5 schedule. That's why my blogging's been sucking lately.

That and I've got ahold of episodes of Star Trek Deep Space Nine. <3

I never saw the entire series, but it was still my favorite Trek ever. All it takes is hearing that themesong and I'm ten years old again, sitting scrunched up next to the tiny black and white television in pitch blackness with the volume almost muted, straining to hear and hoping my parents wouldn't notice I was up past my bedtime to watch.

I remember really really wanting Odo and Kira to get together. I heard they did after I stopped watching. This makes me unaccountably happy. :-)

Shut up. I'm all for love stories between a girl and her puddle.

But yeah, eventually I'll adjust enough to actually post something of interest here. Maybe. Heh. :-)

9 Comments:

  • At May 15, 2008 12:35 AM, Blogger Centurion said…

    Glad you're enjoying your internship, and learn all you can. Practicle experience trumps theory every time.

    Also, makes you wonder why Kira fell in love with a shapeshifter...

     
  • At May 15, 2008 7:46 AM, Blogger kalinara said…

    What's to wonder? Shapeshifting is cool. :-)

     
  • At May 15, 2008 10:21 AM, Blogger Sea-of-Green said…

    Ah, yes, you're discovering what many of us discovered upon leaving the academic world for the corporate world -- that 90 percent of the classes we paid good money for taught us essentially useless information. :-)

    Have you also discovered that the classes you liked LEAST actually prepared you better than the classes you liked most? ;-)

    At any rate, glad you're enjoying your internship. Keep up the good work!

     
  • At May 15, 2008 10:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yup, speaking as someone who's going to be handed a JD sheepskin on Sunday, the most useful thing you learn in law school is how little laywers actually know.

    Chicago's "Razzle Dazzle" is the offical theme song of law school.

     
  • At May 15, 2008 10:38 AM, Blogger Nick said…

    Wha? No love for Voyager!?

     
  • At May 15, 2008 11:31 AM, Blogger kalinara said…

    Heh, my relationship to Voyager is complicated.

    It's always been kind of "good idea, not so good execution" for me. I liked most of the characters but hated how...non-desperate the situation was. They seemed to regrow shuttles every episode!

    It didn't help that I loved DS9 so and really liked the plot arcs and continuity and ways in which past setbacks really did seem to effect the future events and such like that.

    That said, I like it a lot more after seeing Enterprise. :-)

     
  • At May 15, 2008 2:19 PM, Blogger Ami Angelwings said…

    Yay! :D I'm rly happy for you that things are going so well with your internship and stuff :D

    I rly liked the first bunch of seasons for DS9 :)

    I enjoyed the war stuff too, but it was different from what they were doing originally and I rly liked the Bajoran politics and the sense that you never rly knew who was gonna come thru the wormhole and stuff :D

     
  • At May 15, 2008 5:10 PM, Blogger Brandon Bragg said…

    I just started watching DS9 again as well. Those first few seasons.....yeesh. I remembered a lot more excitement than that.

    Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't start getting really good around the same time that Sisko goes bald?

    Coincidence...?

     
  • At May 19, 2008 10:52 PM, Blogger cardboardjudas said…

    It actuay starts getting good before sisko went with no hair. but it did get even better once he was.

    And Enterprise could make ANYTHING look good by comparison, even Voyager.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home