Pretty, Fizzy Paradise

I'm back! And reading! And maybe even blogging! No promises!

Sunday, June 29, 2008

Heheh

The problem with visiting friends is that it totally sucks out my ability to post anything coherent.

It totally didn't help that my ex-roommate made me watch "Junior Defenders" I suspect out of the dual reasons of 1) it involves the guy who played the Green Power Ranger back in the Mighty Morphin Power Ranger days* and 2) as her ultimate volley in our long-running contest to see who can make the other watch the stupidest things.

I suspect she's winning. Though I suppose I can always try to find Jesus Christ Vampire Hunter again. That should do it.

It's so depressing how a movie with such an awesome premise: Jesus saving lesbians from vampires, could be so BORING.

*My ex-roommate is very much a fan of all things Power Rangers. In fact, I'm fairly certain that the reason my Con Law grade was so mediocre is that so much of my brain ended up clogged with far too much facts and trivia about a show I don't even like!

Except the season where the kid turned out to be a robot. Kids discovering they're robots is kind of a weak point of mine. I might have a soft spot for the futuristic detective one too, just for that one crazy psychic guy. And POSSIBLY Lost Galaxy, because the Red Ranger got injured constantly in ways that amused me and they actually killed off the Pink Ranger...temporarily. Oh, and I didn't mind the time travelling one, if only because I was quite certain the red ranger and the "quantum ranger" who had a helium voice were happily gay with each other...

...

I shared an apartment with this woman for a year. I had to develop some tolerance out of sheer self-defense. Shut up.

Anyway, I suspect Jesus Christ Vampire Hunter will trump for at least a short time. The only catch is I'd have to sit through it too. And again, it's BORING.

Hmm, maybe I'll have to concede. The problem with finding things so bad they'll rot HER brain is that I'LL have to sit through them too.

Though, there's still Nick Fury: Agent of SHIELD! Or the Salinger Captain America! Hah! Next trip up here, I'll be ready!

5 Comments:

  • At June 29, 2008 8:22 AM, Blogger LurkerWithout said…

    It's so depressing how a movie with such an awesome premise: Jesus saving lesbians from vampires, could be so BORING.

    You're dead to me! DEAD!

    If you weren't though, I'd recomend Hawk the Slayer or the Dr. Strange live-action movie...

     
  • At June 29, 2008 9:32 AM, Blogger SallyP said…

    Oh just sit down and watch "Hot Fuzz". You'll BOTH feel better. My kids just got me to watch it, and it is FABULOUS!

     
  • At June 29, 2008 9:52 AM, Blogger Centurion said…

    Jesus Christ Vampire Hunter always worked better as a trailer than an actual movie

     
  • At July 01, 2008 3:49 AM, Blogger Avalon's Willow said…

    Green Ranger - Tommy Oliver, played by Jason David Frank

    < cues angelic music >

    Seriously, who are you and what did you do with Kalinara's brain?

     
  • At July 01, 2008 7:40 AM, Blogger kalinara said…

    I knew his name. :-) I just preferred not to use it on the count of it being a very bad movie. :-P

    Amusingly his character in this is ALSO named Tommy.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home