Pretty, Fizzy Paradise

I'm back! And reading! And maybe even blogging! No promises!

Saturday, July 12, 2008

Spoilers Totally Make Me Buy More Comics...

You know, I'd stopped reading Booster Gold. It's not that it's not a fun, good comic. It is. But money's tighter than I'd like and there were other series I enjoyed even more.

But...damnit. I think I have to start buying it again.

See, I have this thing where there are particular storyline elements that immediately shift a book/tv-show/movie from "I guess it's okay" to "OMG! Must read/watch/devour!"

For example even though I don't much care for most seasons of Power Rangers, despite my ex-roommate's best intentions, all it took was "Oh, one character's secretly a robot" to make me watch Operation Overdrive religiously. Hell, I even watched an entire series of Charmed, which may well be in the running for stupidest show alive, for the whole son-from-the-future-that-they-don't-know-is-their-son plot. (Actually, anything involving people who know each other ending up secretly and unwittingly related. I think I saw Empire Strikes Back too many times as a kid.)

I don't think I need to tell you what just got spoiled for me, right?

Yeah. Okay. Fine. I can't afford it, but it's totally back on the list. Can't fight destiny. Now I have to go track down my old issues of 52 and buy those missing issues of Booster Gold so I can reread with this new information in mind.

Hee.

4 Comments:

  • At July 12, 2008 8:25 AM, Blogger LurkerWithout said…

    Who's taking over from Johns on Booster Gold anyway?

     
  • At July 12, 2008 10:24 AM, Blogger Scott Cederlund said…

    Don't forget to go back to the JSA issues featuring Rip as well, as the team takes on Per Degaton back in WW2. I had a friend who had a theory back then about Rip that now looks to be totally wrong.

     
  • At July 12, 2008 10:31 AM, Blogger SallyP said…

    You gave up reading Booster Gold? I...I am stunned.

    Chuck Dixon is going to have two issues I believe, but after that, nobody knows who is taking over. I just keep praying that it will stay good.

     
  • At July 12, 2008 11:38 AM, Blogger kalinara said…

    Like I said, it was a money thing mostly. Oh well, I'll re-budget. :-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home