Pretty, Fizzy Paradise

I'm back! And reading! And maybe even blogging! No promises!

Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Wonder Woman Article!

Hmph, internet trouble last night, so I decided to heavily overdose on Ultima IV (Damnit, I forgot to talk to the freaking ankh.) instead and post today.

Sadly, after so much time to think I came up with...bupkiss.

But I have to say I really like this tv-guide article.

For one thing, I really like the casting. I didn't know Artemis would be in the movie. I stand by what I said before, though, in my mind Diana has a deeper voice than Keri Russell. Before anyone reads anything anti-woman/anti-feminine in that, I'll clarify that my own voice is quite a bit deeper than Keri Russell. I think Diana should sound like me, of course. :-)

I do think she'll be able to pull off the character though, which is the important thing.

Mostly though, I really like what Nathan Fillion has to say about Steve Trevor:

"What I like about Steve Trevor is that he's a very real guy. He's very honest and he's very natural. He doesn't apologize for much. And he's about as normal as a guy can be while hanging out with Wonder Woman."


I wish the folks at DC would have remembered this in the 1980s. Then maybe we wouldn't have such a depressingly Steve-less reboot. Oh well, maybe if the movie does well enough, they might consider adding a younger namesake cousin or something. I like Nemesis, but he's no Steve Trevor.

4 Comments:

  • At July 09, 2008 8:16 AM, Blogger Jer said…

    Oh well, maybe if the movie does well enough, they might consider adding a younger namesake cousin or something.

    Or just, you know, Hypertime it. Poor Diana's continuity has been fiddled with more than any character this side of Hawkman, so one more fudge isn't going to hurt things much.

    I agree - losing Trevor as a love interest was one of the more terrible bits of Perez's reboot of the character. It's like rebooting Superman and dropping Lois Lane out of the story, or rebooting the Fantastic Four and writing out the Reed/Sue relationship.

     
  • At July 09, 2008 8:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    It's a Waitress reunion?

     
  • At July 09, 2008 9:54 AM, Blogger Ragtime said…

    I skimmed too quickly, and came away with the fact that Alfred Molina would be playing Alfred.

    Now I'm thinking that Alfred is completely being wasted in the Batman comics, and could really shine if he became Diana's butler instead.

    Also, I love Steve Trevor too, but think the whole love story aspect is played out. If I were in charge of DC, Steve Trevor would become a recurring character in Green Lantern as Hal Jordan's former commanding officer in the Air Force, or something similar.

     
  • At July 09, 2008 11:55 AM, Blogger SallyP said…

    Steve Trevor as Hal's commanding officer in the Air Force, is actually a rather brillian idea!

    I also think that Diana has a deeper voice, more alto than soprano, I think. I also wonder if she would have a little bit of an accent? I always think of Ice and Fire having accents in my head, anyway, so Diana might have one too.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home