Pretty, Fizzy Paradise

I'm back! And reading! And maybe even blogging! No promises!

Monday, August 18, 2008

Penguins are cute

So all this talk about Norway knighting a penguin got me thinking...

(I'm not actually judging Norway for knighting a penguin, since I firmly believe if the United States could knight people, we would totally be knighting Paris Hilton or Angelina Jolie or something. I'm very cynical about American pop culture.)

Wouldn't a comic about a penguin-knight be awesome? Or at least adorable? It'd be like Shining Knight. Only. You know. A penguin.

I don't even know how it'd use a sword, but it would certainly be cute.

Do Penguins and horses get along?

I think I know what I'll want to commission from convention artists next year. :-)

8 Comments:

  • At August 18, 2008 4:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    We've knighted a penguin?

    That's what I get for not paying attention to the news lately.

    --ingvild

     
  • At August 18, 2008 8:07 AM, Blogger Centurion said…

    I think the penguin would ride a seal instead of a horse...

     
  • At August 18, 2008 8:56 AM, Blogger SallyP said…

    Well, if Caligula could nominate his horse for the Senate, I guess that Norway can knight a penguin. Although I have to say that penguins and Norway are not the two things that I usually think of together.

    How about a polar bear? Polar bears have to live a lot closer to Norway than penguins.

     
  • At August 18, 2008 9:49 AM, Blogger Julia said…

    If we can have the Mouse Guard, then clearly we can have the Penguin Knight.

     
  • At August 18, 2008 12:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I drew this just now.

    http://flickr.com/photos/39534016@N00/2775166586/

    I don't know if it's what you're looking for.

    -Phil

     
  • At August 19, 2008 11:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey, sallyp, unlike polar bears, we actually have penguins on mainland Norway.

    Why, the aquarium in Bergen is famous for them!

    --ingvild

     
  • At August 19, 2008 11:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey, sallyp, unlike polar bears, we actually have penguins on mainland Norway.

    Why, the aquarium in Bergen is famous for them!

    --ingvild

     
  • At August 21, 2008 5:05 PM, Blogger Ferrous Buller said…

    We're just one step closer to the inevitable showdown between Bear Cavalry vs Penguin Army.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home