Pretty, Fizzy Paradise

I'm back! And reading! And maybe even blogging! No promises!

Saturday, September 06, 2008

Again I Prove My Lack of Good Taste

Good morning. Really, considering how late this post is, I kind of wish I had something to say.

Heh. Well, Blog@ has some movie rumors at least and they're always fun.

Apparently there WILL be a new Spider-Man movie. I hope he isn't quite so emo in this one. I mean, I know Spider-Man's supposed to be but...there's a balance, you know. Also, no dancing. Please.

Though if it comes out around the same time as the Cap movie, I know which one I'm seeing. I mean 1) Spider-Man 3 sucked. 2) Iron Man and Incredible Hulk were awesome. 3) I love Steve and would watch even an incredibly crappy movie with Captain America in it before I watch a good movie with Peter. I mean, hell, I OWN a copy of the Matthew Salinger, Italian-Red-Skull one. So there.

Probably not seeing the Wolverine one though. I'm not a fan of Wolverine. I hate Gambit. And I don't understand Deadpool.

I'm actually kind of relieved they put all three in the same movie so I can avoid them more efficiently. :-)

On the other hand, I'll skip to the theatre for Ghost Rider 2 if it happens. I know this is more evidence that I have no taste, but really, I thought Ghost Rider, for all that it was a wretched movie, delivered exactly what it was promised to deliver. It was fun. It had a flaming skull. I'd watch it again and happily. :-)

4 Comments:

  • At September 06, 2008 10:19 AM, Blogger SallyP said…

    Wait, you mean people didn't like Ghost Rider? I thought it was a hoot.

    I'm entirely with you on Gambit however. Brrrrrr.

     
  • At September 06, 2008 3:16 PM, Blogger K. D. Bryan said…

    You don't understand Deadpool? How do you mean? I always thought his thing was fairly straightforward but I'm over the moon for him as a character.

    Do you watch Buffy? I always like to compare Deadpool to Xander for the uninitiated - albeit a Xander on speed who hides his insecurity, pain and inner tenderness with not just quips but also guns and knives. Joe Kelly, Christopher Priest and Gail Simone's runs on Deadpool are all excellent reads and very funny besides. Give Deadpool a chance and he'll give you a hug! Or maybe a hand grenade. :P

    As for Spidey 4, Spidey 3 blew so hard that I'm really, really having trouble getting excited about it. I mean, the disco dancing scene alone - bleagh. But who am I kidding? I'll probably end up going to watch it for the inevitable Bruce Campbell cameo alone. :)

     
  • At September 06, 2008 10:49 PM, Blogger D.Bishop (aka Mr. Allison Blaire) said…

    I'm totally with you on being more excited for Cap than Spidey (How have they still not done this movie as yet ?). I'm not in a rush to see a 35 year old Tobey Maguire playing a college aged Peter Parker again. Outside of the first movie, I've kind of developed a hatred for movie Pete. I felt like he regressed as a character. Never cared for movie MJ, kind of wish she never got caught in the first movie. More Campbell, Less Dunst. I hope whoever they pick as cap can act or at least be semi-convincing.

     
  • At September 17, 2008 12:37 PM, Blogger Avalon's Willow said…

    Just a moment of solidarity for the love of the cheesy, happy, funtimes of Ghost Rider (the movie).

    Also you have a commenter calling himself Mr. Allison Blaire. I leave before I lick him.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home