Pretty, Fizzy Paradise

I'm back! And reading! And maybe even blogging! No promises!

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Miscellaneous bits.

I know this probably doesn't mean anything...

But I think Eva Longoria would be absolutely PERFECT for playing the Wasp.

She's tiny, pretty, and has played spoiled rich women with complex relationships with men before. It's kind of like the RDJ as Iron Man thing, when I stop and think about it, I can't really think of anyone better suited.

Of course, this is probably a bit non-feminist of me to say this, I think the key to how well Jan would work would really, really depend on whoever they got to play Hank. THAT would be the difficult role, in my opinion.

On the plus side: December's solicits look good:

Though I think it's an inherently unfair world that allows Geo-Force to be mentioned in a solicit (even if it's the comic of his sister-or-not's namesake), when my favorite character never is. But that's just me pouting. :-) I am looking forward to seeing the end of the JSA story-arc though. :-)

8 Comments:

  • At September 16, 2008 5:35 AM, Blogger LurkerWithout said…

    If they keep with the Ultimatized characters though the Wasp is supposed to be Asian. Then again current Hulk & Betty don't match the Ultimates versions very well. So I could see her a classic Wasp. Less so a Marvel Adventures or Ult. version of the character...

     
  • At September 16, 2008 8:04 AM, Blogger Jer said…

    Gods above, I hope that they don't use the Ultimate version of any of the characters. The setup is worth recycling, but with the exception of Thor none of the Ultimate characters are likable enough to pull off in a big-budget action movie franchise.

    That said - Eva Longoria would actually make a great Wasp. And hopefully Hank Pym won't be a psychotic wife beater asshole in the movies. (Ultimate Hank Pym leads my list for "characters that should be dropped off a cliff, tied into a Hefty bag, and never mentioned again - except perhaps as a cautionary tale for young writers".)

     
  • At September 16, 2008 10:26 AM, Blogger Flidget Jerome said…

    Hopefully if Hank Pym's getting to share a movie with Scott Lang I think it'd really unlikely he's going to be the Ultimate version because that's not the sort of thing that sells MacDonald's tie-in toys.

     
  • At September 16, 2008 10:40 AM, Blogger SallyP said…

    Frankly, I don't think that Geoforce should be mentioned anywhere, but that's just me.

    I can see Eva as Wasp, but I do have to admit that I don't have a clue as to whom they could cast to play Hank. Could be a bit tricky.

     
  • At September 16, 2008 8:50 PM, Blogger LurkerWithout said…

  • At September 17, 2008 2:14 PM, Blogger Anthony Strand said…

    Lurker - Are your Scott Lang and Eric O'Grady choices supposed to both be Dulé Hill?

    Maybe they were. I'm just double-checking.

     
  • At September 18, 2008 12:51 AM, Blogger LurkerWithout said…

    No. No they were not. Now I've forgotten which one was Dule and who I had for the other...

     
  • At September 19, 2008 10:56 PM, Blogger Scott said…

    I vote for Michael Shanks from Stargate as Pym. He can go from exasperated nice guy to manic quite easily.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home