Pretty, Fizzy Paradise

I'm back! And reading! And maybe even blogging! No promises!

Thursday, September 04, 2008

This HAS to be a hoax right?

Someone at Scans_Daily posted this peek of James Marsters as Piccolo. (Courtesy of here)



Ow. Ow. Ow. Ow.

My inner middle school anime/Dragon Ball Z fan is crying. Admittedly, I think it'd be hard to pull off Piccolo at all live action and not be stupid but...if there is a way, THIS IS NOT IT.

That is not Piccolo, that's some washed out Albino Romulan that somehow fell into the Chronicles of Riddick's dead person maker. No.

What the fuck is up with the body armor? Seriously. Is it that hard to get something that looks vaguely like a gi? I mean, I get that there is a problematic element to the cloak and turban costume. But body armor is like...the ANTITHESIS of Dragon Ball.

These people are supposed to be ridiculously durable monkey and/or green people with silly pun names beating the crap out of each other. There IS NO BLACK ARMOR DAMNIT.

I should be grateful this is Dragonball and not Dragonball Z. I'd hate to see how they'd fuck up Vegeta. (Tiny with a widow's peak is not that hard, but this convinces me that THEY'LL FIND A WAY TO FUCK IT UP.)

Though I do think casting James Marsters as Piccolo IS kind of inspired. Heh.

9 Comments:

  • At September 04, 2008 1:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Ah, but you must understand that in this reality Piccolo is, in fact, a Namekian _vampire_ who is naught but a spirit of evil energy forced from the body the of the original (green) Kami, thus resulting in his albino appearance.

    ...

    Yeah, I don't buy it either.

     
  • At September 04, 2008 2:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This looks... very silly. I'm not entirely sure why, but part of it is the name "Piccolo." I hear that word and I think "small flute."

    By the way, I've recently bought several JSA trades, and I am thoroughly enjoying them. I blame you for this. Thank you so much!

     
  • At September 04, 2008 8:20 AM, Blogger Centurion said…

    Out of everything you mentioned, the one thing that bothers me more than anything is the lack of wierd anntenae from his forehead.

    Will Kami be in the movie? And will he be wearing body armor, too? And will he defend Earth with semi-automatic weaponry, like in the matrix?

    Next time, on Dragonball 2: Zeta Squad: The Earth Defense Force defends the planet from intergalactic terrors of a conquering starlord and his mutant army...

     
  • At September 04, 2008 9:30 AM, Blogger A. Rose said…

    its just awful. At the very least keep the characters looking like they should.

    I just hope they don't mess up other manga/anime to Hollywood movie adaptions that are in the works as bad as this.

     
  • At September 04, 2008 8:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Well, they made Son Goku into a white guy, so why not Piccolo?

     
  • At September 05, 2008 12:07 AM, Blogger Ami Angelwings said…

    Where are his antennae!? >:O

    gross...

     
  • At September 05, 2008 5:55 AM, Blogger Scott (The Mad Thinker) Anderson said…

    Wait. You saw Chronicles of Riddick? Did you pay to see it? I ... I'm confused. What's happening here.

     
  • At September 05, 2008 11:01 PM, Blogger D.Bishop (aka Mr. Allison Blaire) said…

    On behalf of green people everywhere I take serious offense to this. They couldn't even try a very pale green ? Hollywood's armor lust doesn't surprise me though. They'd put aromor into an Adam & Eve movie if they could. It's almost as if they spend so much time in film school learning the technical aspects that when the time comes to adapt the stuff we love and accept the outlandishness, it becomes an insult to their principles.

    "Green skin and antennas, you say ? Why, thats's just not possible."

     
  • At September 07, 2008 5:11 AM, Blogger kalinara said…

    Scott: I've seen stupider movies. Admittedly, not many, but...

    Besides, my roommate was a fan and she'd bought the DVD. (My ex-roommate is the one person on Earth with taste possibly worse than mine. :-P)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home