Pretty, Fizzy Paradise

I'm back! And reading! And maybe even blogging! No promises!

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

What Comic Book Plotline Would I Want?

In yet another attempt to mask the fact that I have no blog post, I'm going to do ANOTHER audience query meme type thing. I'm sure most bloggers (and commenters) have done the whole "If you could have one superhero power, what would it be?" thing.

This is rather the "If you could have one superhero PLOTLINE happen to you, what would it be?"

For me, I think I'd want the time-traveling offspring that is older than me from a post-apocalyptic alternate future plotline.

I have a number of reasons for this.

1) I'm really not suited for children, however, I AM an egotist. This way I get the satisfaction of knowing my genes will survive me without having to raise it or go through hours of labor.

2) Undoubtedly, my offspring will be kind of badass, albeit in a slightly Liefieldian way.

3) I will get bad-parent-guilt angst without actually having to fuck up my own kid.

4) Even if I am a wretched parent, I'm still better than the post-apocalyptic future?

5) Access to nifty technology.

6) My offspring's taste in girl/boyfriends will mean I have the possible likelihood of getting mercenaries, robots, or lunatics as son/daughter in laws.

7) I would totally use it to annoy and tease the fuck out of whoever is my offspring's father (or mother, given that it's comic books).

It'd be fun! Also. Maybe it'd be a cyborg. Cyborgs are cool!

7 Comments:

  • At October 28, 2008 8:46 AM, Blogger Saranga said…

    With my self destructive urges and liking of tragedy I'd probably end up going for:
    The world is about to be destroyed by something violent and nasty (possibly wielding lasers) and the heroes have to band together to fight the forces of evil, and oh yes, there's much squabbling until they realise they have to work as a team, and then it's touch and go about whether they're going to win and then they do.
    It will all be very earnest and heart rending and there will be inspiring monologues and Batman will knock Guy out with one punch. Again.
    I'd be happy to be a supporting cast member, not the one who delivers the deed that finally saves the day.

     
  • At October 28, 2008 10:11 AM, Blogger SallyP said…

    Oh I don't know, while children from the future is enticing, and lasers are also fun, I'm actually a little tired of all the unrelenting gloom.

    I'd settle for the Birds of Prey getting together and having a giant tea party to recruit new members. Finger sandwiches would be a must! And gloves. And hats. Alfred could do the serving.

     
  • At October 28, 2008 10:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I want to be loved by everyone cuz I'm the only girl around and then have ultimate power and go bad, but then find out that it wasn't me all along but I get to retain the memories of not-me going bad but also the ones of my clone who married my boyfriend and had a baby, so it's like I lived three lives for the price of one.

     
  • At October 28, 2008 10:49 AM, Blogger Ragtime said…

    I want the one where it turns out I am a hypnotized sleeper cell agent, and when I hear the magic catch-phrase, my memories return and I have to choose between my "sleeper cell" life and performing my original task.

    All the excitement of a spy novel, but without any of the boring preparation (because it already happened. I just forgot!)

     
  • At October 28, 2008 4:16 PM, Blogger Hale of Angelthorne said…

    2) Undoubtedly, my offspring will be kind of badass, albeit in a slightly Liefieldian way.

    Good Lord! I hope and pray they aren't going to LOOK "Liefieldian"!

     
  • At October 28, 2008 9:21 PM, Blogger Canton said…

    I think I'd want my plotline to be an homage/ripoff of Jurassic Park, Land of the Lost, whatever. I'd be mysteriously pulled onto some otherworldly tropical island place with dinosaurs and stuff, and I'd have to work my way back science-geek style (which is NOT to be confused with Jane of the Jungle style, thank you), and... That would be cool. And possibly educational for my readers.

    My character would eventually make it back, and she'd have a loyal Pteranodon sidekick to show for it!

     
  • At October 29, 2008 8:22 PM, Blogger Diabolu Frank said…

    EVERYTHING YOU THOUGHT YOU KNEW IS A LIE!

    Because everything I know? Sucks. I need a spiffy new costume, an expanded supporting cast, and a mysterious villain to kick my ass so I can come back stronger. Also, maybe I'm actually from a dystopic Liefeldian future, though my thighs are more early Whilce Portacio...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home