Pretty, Fizzy Paradise

I'm back! And reading! And maybe even blogging! No promises!

Thursday, November 06, 2008

Meme Answers - Sneak Peek

Hi! Okay, well, I owe meme answers don't I? :-)

Unfortunately, it's been a hectic day and you guys gave me one heck of a list, so it may take a while.

On the plus side, it means I won't be shy of blog posts for the next few days. :-)

As a disclaimer, I'm by no means familiar with every aspect of continuity regarding a lot of these characters, so it's very possible one of my beliefs will have been contradicted, or less likely but theoretically possible, actually established. If so, tell me. That amuses me.

Anyway, here's a sneak peek of what is to come!

----------------------------------

Rogue - I think Rogue's secretly a science fiction fan. Hard sci-fi, not floofy Trek style science fantasy. But, like, Asimov, Bradbury, Clarke, et al? I think she goes for it. There's the sense of wonder and well, pun uninteded, but of constantly reaching TOWARD something in those books that I think would appeal to a character like her.

Linda Danvers - I think, Buzz aside, Linda always liked the good boys. Over-achievers, class presidents, boy scouts. That sort of thing. Her first crush was a dark haired, blue-eyed boy that looked remarkably like a younger Superman. This made things a little awkward later on, as I'm sure you can imagine.

Kara Zor-El - Would totally read Superman/Batman slashfic, if it exists in the DCU, if only to "innocently" drop a naive comment about it later and watch Clark get embarrassed.

Oliver Queen - Oliver Queen was totally a cheerleader in highschool. He actually did it to meet girls, but he claimed he did it as a rebellion against fascist gender stereotypes. It actually worked for the most part, he got a LOT of dates.

Mia Dearden - Mia likes humming "Kung-Fu fighting" when seeing Connor do martial arts. Because she can.

Aquaman's Sidekicks - I don't actually know that much about the sidekicks. Well, I know Tempest is whiny and Neptune Perkins is lame, but aside from that... I'd imagine actually that they were all really confused by the long-hair period. Seriously. Long hair underwater. What the heck was up with that.

Mr. Terrific (Michael Holt) - Does not like ABBA. But I strongly suspect a closet fondness for Zamfir, Master of the Panflute.

Amanda Waller - Totally did Nick Fury in a crossover that only exists in my brain. Also, she may have a secret base in Wisconsin.

Sand - This makes very little sense, but I remember reading the issue of SMT where Dian said she had no siblings, and somehow I came to the conclusion that he's not actually Dian's nephew but her illegitimate son. He was then raised by his grandparents who started spreading this fiction about Dian having a black-sheep type older sister. It's one of many things they don't actually talk about.

Mr. Fantastic - has a secret visceral fear of balloon animals.

-----

There is more forthcoming, but not this minute because I have to sleep!

8 Comments:

  • At November 06, 2008 8:38 AM, Blogger Saranga said…

    Very insightful :) I can totally see the Kara and Mia things being true too!

     
  • At November 06, 2008 9:30 AM, Blogger SallyP said…

    Of COURSE Mia would hum Fung Fu Fighting while Connor is working out. I believe that she also presented him with a copy of "Kung Fu Panda".

    If only Dr. Doom knew this little secret about Mr. Fantastic. What a storyline THAT would make!

     
  • At November 06, 2008 11:50 AM, Blogger Menshevik said…

    There was a fanfic where it was revealed that Emma Frost's younger sister Cordelia was actually her daughter which made so much sense to me that I used a similar storyline in fics of my own (giving due credit, of course). It took off from a Generation X issue where the White Queen had a kind of slumber party with the female GenX'ers where they all talked about the time their mutant powers first manifested and Emma related how when her telepathy first appeared everybody thought that she was going insane and her parents stuck her into a mental asylum where she was abused by a guard until her telepathy eventually was powerful enough for her to use it to break out. In the fanfic reality she had been impregnated before that happened and she then gave birth to the kid but telepathically made her parents believe that they had an "afterthought" daughter.

     
  • At November 06, 2008 11:51 AM, Blogger Menshevik said…

    And that's what I continue to believe about Emma and Cordelia Frost's relationship... :-)

     
  • At November 06, 2008 9:35 PM, Blogger Your Obedient Serpent said…

    ...which means Sand may actually be Wes's son?

    I'm so gonna steal that.

     
  • At November 06, 2008 10:00 PM, Blogger kalinara said…

    Well, honestly, I hadn't thought they'd known each other back then. But my theories are subject to revision, so steal away. :-)

     
  • At November 16, 2008 2:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    "Kara Zor-El - Would totally read Superman/Batman slashfic, if it exists in the DCU, if only to "innocently" drop a naive comment about it later and watch Clark get embarrassed."

    Uh...so is the implication that Clark would be embarrassed, but not Bruce? I suppose decades of "youthful ward" jokes have immunized him?

    Still, amusing concept. Maybe she could do a crossover story with Elissa from Empowered, since their reading tastes seem to be similar. Or perhaps that should be Diana Prince, eh?

    Or perhaps not.

     
  • At November 16, 2008 2:26 PM, Blogger kalinara said…

    It's not that Batman wouldn't be embarrassed, it's more that he hides his reactions better, I suspect.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home