Pretty, Fizzy Paradise

I'm back! And reading! And maybe even blogging! No promises!

Monday, November 10, 2008

Wonder Woman Casting Rumors (No Meme Today, hah!)

I'm taking another meme break. Because, holy heck, is that more tiring than it looks. :-) (By the way, anyone who wants to play too is more than welcome. :-))

I was thinking that this whole Beyonce as Wonder Woman thing is kind of interesting.

I'll be honest though, I can't really see her as Wonder Woman. Mostly because the only thing I remember seeing her in is Austin Powers. Though to be fair, I thought she seemed to have fun with the role. And honestly, I've never thought of Lynda Carter as a spectacular actress.

I've always thought the biggest appeal to Lynda Carter's Wonder Woman was her obvious good humor throughout the whole thing. In that respect, Beyonce might not be a bad choice at all. And certainly, given all the dancing and other athletics, she's probably in good shape. I'm still skeptical, mind, but there are worse choices I can imagine.

I'll admit though, my heart is still set on Gina Torres as Wonder Woman. Mostly because she is awesome. Also, because she is awesome. But that's probably not meant to be. :-(

4 Comments:

  • At November 10, 2008 2:03 PM, Blogger pla said…

    Gina Torres wouldn't be bad, but I'm still holding out for Carla Gugino...

     
  • At November 10, 2008 6:38 PM, Blogger notintheface said…

    Carla Gugino was my dream pick for Lois Lane.

    The downside of Beyonce is that she's about 5'6". Diana should be kind of tall-ish, like Ms. Torres or Lucy Lawless. Somebody like Lake Bell, but less "earthy".

     
  • At November 11, 2008 1:43 AM, Blogger Will Staples said…

    I don't think height is that much of an issue. They could just film a short actress from low angles, give her boxes to stand on next to other actors, etc. Camera tricks. I'd be more concerned with body type - the actress who plays Wonder Woman would need to be kinda curvy and not averse to working out a little.

     
  • At November 11, 2008 6:47 PM, Blogger Diabolu Frank said…

    Gina Torres > Beyonce. By a factor of 10.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home