Pretty, Fizzy Paradise

I'm back! And reading! And maybe even blogging! No promises!

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Late-Breaking News

I hate all of you right now. Yes. You.

I'll like you tomorrow. :-)

Though I feel bad for not posting anything, so here's a question. Before I asked which superhero you would most want to be trapped on a desert island with (presuming of course the island could keep those with applicable powers from escaping), so this time I'm asking which superhero you most would NOT want to be trapped on a desert island with.

The catch is, it has to be a character you actually LIKE.

I think for me it would be Guy Gardner. I love Guy, and I think it'd be fun to hang out with him, and I have a very convenient tolerance for macho and adolescent joking which comes from the same place as my love for wretched action tv from the 90s.

But let's face it, the one rule of Green Lantern-dom (after Hal Jordan always gets hit in the head, and Kyle Rayner's girlfriends always die) is that if there's going to be something bizarrely weird and/or bizarrely traumatic happening to one of the Earth Lanterns...it's probably going to happen to Guy Gardner.

It'd probably be fun to watch, but I don't want to die in the process. :-)

9 Comments:

  • At December 17, 2008 9:39 AM, Blogger Matthew E said…

    Batgirl. Not much of a conversationalist.

     
  • At December 17, 2008 9:42 AM, Blogger SallyP said…

    BatMAN. Yes, he's just soooooo clever and wonderful and omnipotent and plans for everything. He drives me NUTS!!!!

    But if you don't want Guy, I'll take him.

     
  • At December 17, 2008 11:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Dr. Doom. Sure, he's smart, but he spend most of the time cursing Richards, and that would get old after a while

     
  • At December 17, 2008 3:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Kyle, there's only so many times you can listen to someone talk about their dead girlfriends :D

     
  • At December 17, 2008 3:43 PM, Blogger James Ashelford said…

    Alfred Pennyworth. I just know that three weeks in I'd be a beardy mess in a loincloth and he's still be immaculate in his suit. Also, he'd probably keep tidying the island around me.

    And I'll bet that he'd sing "I've got a lovely bunch of cocnuts" every time we had to eat some which would be EVERY DAY!

     
  • At December 17, 2008 11:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Superman. He's always so postive and earnest. After a few days on the island, I'd start complaining and he'd probably launch into a speech about how we had to look on the bright side and how this isn't nearly as bad as the time he got stuck on some metorite for 12 months and yada yada yada. Which would actually be good advice but sometimes a person likes to wallow in self-pity, you know?

    By the way, why do you hate us tonight?

     
  • At December 18, 2008 12:31 AM, Blogger kalinara said…

    Still in finals period. With rapidly approaching deadline. I hate everyone until it's done. :-)

     
  • At December 18, 2008 1:58 AM, Blogger K. D. Bryan said…

    Deadpool. I love the character on paper but actually being stuck on a desert island with a non-stop chatterbox prone to acts of extreme violence? Not so much my dream vacation.

    Second choice would be Squirrel Girl, for while she is awesome in the comics, relentlessly optimistic people usually annoy the beejesus out of me. Plus, squirrels are creepy (Joss Whedon agrees with me that they have no souls).

     
  • At December 18, 2008 4:37 AM, Blogger Brian Smith said…

    Male: Cyclops. He'd either be bossy or angst-ridden the whole time, and I imagine lots of speeches like "I don't KNOW which are the dangerous berries! I have trouble with colors because of this ruby quartz -- the only thing keeping my deadly optic blasts in check!"

    Female: Tigra. I do like Tigra, and I feel as though she's gotten a raw deal of late, and she has to have island survival skills...but no matter how innocent and uplifting the adventure might be, I just can't get past the ick factor of any story that starts, "I was stranded on a desert island with a catgirl in a bikini."

     

Post a Comment

<< Home