Pretty, Fizzy Paradise

I'm back! And reading! And maybe even blogging! No promises!

Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Lethargy is Eating My Vacation

I've come to the following conclusion after watching way too many episodes in an NCIS marathon.

Is it just me, or is Tony DiNozzo like a much suaver version of Guy Gardner?

Some men have to TRY to be that obnoxious, other men raise it to an artform. :-)

(I didn't like the character right away, but there's something about an incredibly irritating man who beats someone up while having been tied to a chair that turns my crank. Heh.)

I just wish USA would stop playing that Monk commercial with the Magnum PI themesong*. It's echoing through my head like nothing else.

On the plus side, I got my Christmas presents wrapped (my family is Catholic, of varying levels of actual devoutness going from me, who is lapsed enough to be all but agnostic, to my mother, who actually taught Sunday School... I love my mother, but that development STILL boggles my mind) and have otherwise done little of consequence.

I love vacation. I will have no brain cells left for law school. Godwilling.

*Music identified by SallyP!

8 Comments:

  • At December 24, 2008 10:12 AM, Blogger SallyP said…

    I guess I'll have to start watching NCIS. Your comments intrigue me.

    But faux 70's music for the Monk commercial? That's the theme song to Magnum P.I.! Granted, you were probably an infant at the time, but it was Tom Selleck for God's Sake!

    Oh, and Merry Christmas.

     
  • At December 24, 2008 11:56 AM, Blogger kalinara said…

    :-) I was born in 1983 actually.

    I thought it sounded vaguely familiar though, glad to hear it wasn't "faux." Maybe if I rent the show it'll get out of my head.

    Merry Christmas!

     
  • At December 24, 2008 10:39 PM, Blogger Diamondrock said…

    I was born in 1982. And the Magnum P. I. theme song is my cell phone ring tone. So there. :-P

     
  • At December 24, 2008 10:40 PM, Blogger kalinara said…

    Hee, you can add that to the list of things you know that I don't.


    Except I know it now. So pfft. :-P

     
  • At December 25, 2008 1:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You know, there's something very addictive about NCIS. I mean, sure, I'm in love with Ziva (I have a weakness for badass women), but there's really no logical reason for me to catch the program every week.
    Weird.
    WM

     
  • At December 25, 2008 12:33 PM, Blogger Erich said…

    I hadn't thought about the DiNozzo/Guy similarity until you mentioned it...but it's quite an apt comparison!

    I suppose that would make Gibbs Batman, and his head-smacks to DiNozzo are the "one punch" equivalent...

     
  • At December 25, 2008 1:40 PM, Blogger IslandLiberal said…

    When I think of Tony, I don't normally think "suave" (though perhaps that's just a measure of Guy); wishes he were/thinks he is, perhaps.

     
  • At December 25, 2008 1:42 PM, Blogger kalinara said…

    Yeah, but he actually gets positive results with it. :-P

    Though maybe that comes of looking like what's-his-name that plays him. :-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home