Pretty, Fizzy Paradise

I'm back! And reading! And maybe even blogging! No promises!

Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Miscellaneous Reactions

Hmm, I wonder if I should feel some sort of weirdness linking Blog@Newsarama posts now that I'm no longer columning there. On the other hand, they post daily and I need fodder so there you go. :-)

They seem like interesting folks anyway, with much more impressive resumes than mine (I might be suffering a bit of credential-envy) and they don't seem to be doing a bad job. Though not as good as us, of course. :-P

This Green Lantern rumor is interesting. Though I admit, I only remember that fellow from a couple of Everwood episodes I caught quite a while ago so in my mind I'm still picturing a WB-age just-post-teenager. Still, he's a damn site better than the Jack Black rumors, I suppose.

The picture of Gambit for the Wolverine movie looks interesting. That fellow has the sort of sleazy hotness that simultaneously sets my teeth on edge and makes me want to lock him into a shower with a bar of industrial soap to make him scrub away the imagined scent of cheap second-hand cigarette smoke. Which is exactly the emotions that the comic character tends to evoke in me, so I think it's an excellent choice.

God willing, he'll be able to manufacture an absolutely dreadful "cajun" accent too. Hee. :-)

4 Comments:

  • At December 02, 2008 8:44 AM, Blogger SallyP said…

    Arrgghh! I knew that a bunch of folks had thrown in the towel at Newsarama, but I wasn't sure if you were one of the group that was leaving.

    The only reason I go to Newsarama is to read the blogs, so I guess there isn't any point in it anymore.

    *sigh*

     
  • At December 02, 2008 12:15 PM, Blogger kalinara said…

    Yep. :-) Basically all of the regular Blog@ columnists went along with our editor. Mostly because JK Parkin is awesome. :-)

     
  • At December 03, 2008 8:01 AM, Blogger SallyP said…

    I DO hope that you all find a new home somewhere, so that I can selfishly continue to get my comic news-related fix.

     
  • At December 03, 2008 4:41 PM, Blogger Matthew E said…

    From what I've seen of the new Blog@Newsarama, there certainly hasn't been an increase in quality since the changeover. So why would they do it? Looking forward to seeing what's next for you and the other boys and girls.

    Verification word: slicko. Cool!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home