Pretty, Fizzy Paradise

I'm back! And reading! And maybe even blogging! No promises!

Saturday, December 27, 2008

Nifty

Apparently there's a graphic novel adaptation of Crime and Punishment.

That ought to be really interesting. It's been ages since I read the book, but I remember liking it much more than the Great Gatsby which I also had to read for school and did not like nearly so much. (To be honest, I thought every single character was irritating as hell, and I felt a deep sympathy for Nick Carroway having to deal with those idiots. That probably says something about my appreciation for the American Dream or something like that.)

I do remember that in my first year of college, I took a Russian films class taught by a Russian Literature Professor, and his name was Raskolnikov, a fact which he found very funny and depressingly most of my class did not seem to get the joke. He was neat though.

It'll be interesting to see how it works in graphic novel form. :-)

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home