Pretty, Fizzy Paradise

I'm back! And reading! And maybe even blogging! No promises!

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Solicit Babble

In the homestretch for my last final and my godawful paper. If I survive until Friday, I'm home free.

Until May, when it all happens again. Woe and trauma!

On the plus side, I might finally get the chance to recover my pull list from the comic shop...right before I go back home for three weeks or so. Hmph. I really need a better routine. :-)

On the plus side, the new DC solicits look interesting. Especially Booster Gold, since if future!Booster Gold is showing up...well, that could just be nifty. I mean, future!Booster Gold would then probably be Rip's-Dad!Booster Gold.

I don't actually mind the whole Mary Marvel takes a spin on the slightly slutty dark side plot in general (to be honest, I'm utterly indifferent about that whole clan, except maybe Black Adam who can be fun though sometimes I think he's nearly as overrated as Deathstroke) but I have absolutely no interest in seeing up her skirt, Mr. Ross. Thank you.

You know, of all the umpteen hundred Batclan tie ins advertised, I have to say, the Commissioner Gordon one looks most interesting. Probably because Gordon is neat. Also, the whole notion of a team up between Fatality and John Stewart intrigues me.

Is the Time Trapper still Cosmic Boy? I find the Legion remarkably confusing, I must admit...

Looks like a good batch. :-)

8 Comments:

  • At December 16, 2008 9:08 AM, Blogger Matthew E said…

    Is the Time Trapper still Cosmic Boy? I find the Legion remarkably confusing, I must admit...

    The Time Trapper is almost certainly not Cosmic Boy. Basically, I think you could take just about anything published in a Legion comic between Crisis on Infinite Earths and Zero Hour and pitch it out the window; never happened. Even stuff like Lightning Lad and Saturn Girl having kids!

     
  • At December 16, 2008 11:53 AM, Blogger kalinara said…

    Thanks! :-) Was he ever Cosmic Boy? Or was that just a confused delusion of mine?

     
  • At December 16, 2008 12:12 PM, Blogger SallyP said…

    The John Stewart/Fatality cover looked awfully pretty, even though she's wearing that gawdawful outfit. However, if anyone can carry that off, I imagine that it's Fatality.

    Booster looked good, Trinity looked good, GL looked good.

     
  • At December 16, 2008 12:40 PM, Blogger David Tai said…

    The Time Trapper once -was- Cosmic Boy, in the 'End of an Era' arc prior to Zero Hour.

    Since then, the Time Trapper has switched around to apparently having his identity changing every time Time changes, so it's a safer bet to say that the Time Trapper's identity is as malleable as continuity around him.

     
  • At December 16, 2008 2:46 PM, Blogger Matthew E said…

    What David said.

    My current pet theory is that the Time Trapper is Lex Luthor. It would make sense on so many levels.

    Verification word: chros. Appropriate--just take the 'no' out of chronos!

     
  • At December 16, 2008 3:37 PM, Blogger Ragtime said…

    you know, of all the umpteen hundred Batclan tie ins advertised, I have to say, the Commissioner Gordon one looks most interesting.

    I think a Commissioner Gordon/ Perry White team-up might be enough to get me to buy multiple variant covers.

    It is #2 on my all-time dream team-up list after Hal Jordan/ Steve Trevor.

     
  • At December 16, 2008 7:57 PM, Blogger notintheface said…

    The Time Trapper is really Snapper Carr.

     
  • At December 19, 2008 6:26 PM, Blogger Ununnilium said…

    Of course! He and Hourman One Million were merged with Amazo! It all makes sense!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home