Pretty, Fizzy Paradise

I'm back! And reading! And maybe even blogging! No promises!

Friday, January 23, 2009

Annataz? Ellivllams ni? Gnitseretni!

...Backwards spelling is harder than it looks. Yeesh.

Zatanna now?

Wow, um. Smallville's really getting kind of desperate, isn't it?

It actually kind of reminds me of the last season of Highlander the TV series, where almost every episode seemed like it was auditioning to be its own spin-off or something.

I don't know. I thought the idea of introducing the Legion of Superheroes was pretty awesome, considering how they are a connection to the comic book Superboy. Green Arrow's steadily watchable, and the initial Justice League-ish episode was lots of fun. I haven't seen any Martian Manhunter appearances, but I've heard good things about that too.

Honestly, I think I'm just resentful that, as far as I know anyway, Green Lantern hasn't shown up yet. (He hasn't, right? I'd feel kind of silly if he had.) Or Batman. I mean, granted, the licensing for Batman is probably complicated as hell, and Oliver Queen seems to be fitting that role fairly well, but there's really no substitute for the real thing. :-)

And the girl playing Zatanna is really pretty at least. I bet she'll rock the top hat and fishnets. :-) Hope she's good at tongue twisters.

6 Comments:

  • At January 23, 2009 7:22 AM, Blogger Zaratustra said…

    Will she be the one that finally makes a Superman out of Clark? (no)

     
  • At January 23, 2009 9:04 AM, Blogger Rich said…

    Honestly, I bet she's good at all kinds of tongue-twisting.

    I'd like to bring the conversation down to the gutter please :)

     
  • At January 23, 2009 9:53 AM, Blogger SallyP said…

    Since all of these characters have been seeing Clark sans glasses, I'm assuming that by the time they DO put him in the suit, Superman will be the one wearing spectacles for a disguise.

     
  • At January 23, 2009 9:57 AM, Blogger notintheface said…

    "Gnikcuf ylf ydaerla!!!!"

     
  • At January 23, 2009 12:26 PM, Blogger Saranga said…

    Oh yay! That news makes me very happy. Now, so long as she doesn't collaborate in any mind wiping..

    @ Ragnell: Gl hasn't shown up yet, nope. I think Martian Manhunter is good in it, but he has been depowered (groan). Still, he is now a cop, and is providing a mentor role to Clark.

    Sally: It'll be interesting if they do manage to put him in any sort of suit. Since he's now in work shirts and ties I reckon his suit will just be red and blue normal type clothes. GA in the episode Identity just looked stupid in a cape.

     
  • At January 23, 2009 1:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Highlander's last season felt that way because it *was* attempting to spin-off a new series. They kept auditioning new female immortals before deciding on Amanda for the ill-fated Highlader: Raven show.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home