Pretty, Fizzy Paradise

I'm back! And reading! And maybe even blogging! No promises!

Friday, January 09, 2009

Disjointed, pre-new-semester rambling.

I have nothing to blog about and an incredibly long, tedious car ride back up to school. Yay. :-)

On the plus side, the new semester looks interesting so there's that.

On the downside, my law school is taking part in a conspiracy to drive me further insane, as only ONE of my grades for the last semester has shown up in the system yet. It's crazy-frustrating.

Could be worse though. :-)

I've decided that I would like to see a superhero with the power to put people to sleep with his voice. It would give me pleasant flashbacks to undergrad, when I had a professor or two with that exact same power.

I'm not sure what kind of arch enemies that character would have, but I'm sure caffeine would be involved somewhere.

6 Comments:

  • At January 09, 2009 4:19 AM, Blogger LurkerWithout said…

    Actually that sounds like a villain. One who fights TooMuchCoffee Man...

     
  • At January 09, 2009 7:09 AM, Blogger Centurion said…

    ADD-Man. Behold the power to distract you from the soothing words of...something...

     
  • At January 09, 2009 9:01 AM, Blogger SallyP said…

    I believe we already have a super hero who can bore people. He's called Geo-Force.

    I WOULD have said Snapper Carr, but that damned finger snapping keeps waking me up.

     
  • At January 09, 2009 9:47 AM, Blogger Nick said…

    I think I know of a person with this super-power.

    Economics professor at my old university. The man could lull me and my class to sleep in less then five minutes.

     
  • At January 09, 2009 2:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You had that economics professor as well? I swear, the man picked the earliest possible times for classes on purpose.

     
  • At January 09, 2009 9:03 PM, Blogger K. D. Bryan said…

    I had a State & Local Government Prof like that once. And it was my earliest class to boot. Not a good semester.

    Alas, I can't think of any sonic-based heroic snooze-makers off the top of my head. I know there was a supervillainess in a recent issue of X-Men: Manifest Destiny who took down Tabitha Smith with her ability was to make people sleep. Tab got on the Internet, did research on her and fought her again - this time on a Red Bull high. It was cute.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home