Pretty, Fizzy Paradise

I'm back! And reading! And maybe even blogging! No promises!

Thursday, January 01, 2009

Happy 2009!!!

It's been 2009 officially for about three hours in my time zone (EST), and I decided now's a good time to write my blogging resolutions!

1. To write more rants! I like ranting! I just am remarkably lazy. Still, I've got a few in my mental queue that I can probably churn out. :-)

2. To write some more character analysis type things. I haven't done those much (if at all) last year, and I think it's fun to babble on incoherently about how I think certain characters tick.

3. To hopefully make my filler posts a bit less obvious. :-P The downside to keeping to a strict once a day blogging regimen is that a lot of the time, you find yourself posting utter crap. At least if you're me anyway. I know that's pretty inevitable, but I'm hoping to make it a LITTLE less obvious.

4. To get to the comic shop more frequently. :-) It's much easier to think of content when I can actually read my damn comics, tis true.

5. To do more with my second love: bad nineties tv. I'm contemplating episode reviews. Not because I'm good at them. Merely because I want the excuse to type "In this episode, the evil businessmen out to take over Chinatown are armed with poison nets. Which they throw on people. And it actually works. This show is awesome." I'm not sure if anyone would be interested in reading them, or if I have the stamina to keep it up, but I'd have fun at least. :-)

6. To write more. Thanks to Ragnell, I have a vague idea for an occult based story. Which is annoying. To say the least. Still, the character concept seemed to be amusing, so there's a plus.

7. To keep more up to date with things I promise to talk about. Especially reviews. Laziness is not a good excuse.

8. Finally, to column awesomely on our new not-Blog@ blog!

Wish me luck!

4 Comments:

  • At January 01, 2009 8:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Happy New Year!

    You may be able to combine resolutions 3 and 5. What about writing a few reviews ahead of time and when you have a hard time getting to blog, you have a ready made post.

    Just a thought.

     
  • At January 01, 2009 10:23 AM, Blogger Saranga said…

    I'd read reviews of bad 90s tv. do it.

     
  • At January 01, 2009 10:38 AM, Blogger SallyP said…

    All good intentions. Particularly ranting and character essays, both of which I enjoy enormously. And...a new column?

    Woohoo!

     
  • At January 01, 2009 3:55 PM, Blogger ARS said…

    Yes, more character essays would be welcome. I remember when I first found your Blog you did these more and I loved them. I want more rants as well. I love your rants, especially when you ever so politely put obnoxious Bloggers and reviewers in their place because they attack people and not content. You have always do so in a way of shining light on truth instead of being mean about it. I to am going to write more. I just wrote about some of my favorite characters and especially the awesome Heather Hudson after rereading my two volumes of Alpha Flight. I think a review of the old issues and a new set of stories by me is my goal. Just announced it at my Blog. I also think I will add tags again, how can I ever see my writing linked to on When Fan Girls Attack if the fangirls never see it?

    Seriously, whenever in the past under a different name, I was always honored when I was placed there. I also love reading the links.

    Thank You for all you give us.

    CBG

     

Post a Comment

<< Home