Pretty, Fizzy Paradise

I'm back! And reading! And maybe even blogging! No promises!

Thursday, February 19, 2009

Solicits!

Here be solicits! Here are some disjointed thoughts/reactions:

It's weird to think of Barry Allen having a "dark secret" in his past.

JSA looks interesting, but Liberty Belle just looks odd on the cover.

Sheesh, how the fuck long is the Jericho fight supposed to go on. I know the length of the Gog storyline bothered some in JSA, but at least it was GOG. Seriously, JERICHO?!

Also, Final Crisis: Escape looks pretty cool. I like Nemesis and giving him stuff to do beyond being Diana's boyfriend makes me happy. (Not that I mind that though. :-)). Besides, I missed seeing the words "superhero intelligence" since Checkmate fizzled.

I still have no interest in Battle for the Cowl. My vote's still that it should go to Man-Bat.

Finally, I never realized it before, but damn is Superwoman's costume hideous. Egads.

8 Comments:

  • At February 19, 2009 4:37 PM, Blogger ShellyS said…

    I like Nemesis, too, so I'm looking forward to Escape. And I totally agree with you re: Jericho. I am already bored with him.

     
  • At February 19, 2009 11:27 PM, Blogger notintheface said…

    Letting Nemesis be Nemesis! I love it! Tom could make a good Batman.

    But I'm rooting for Nightwing or a back-from-the-dead Ted Kord.

    And Jericho stopped being interesting when Slade stabbed him back in the early 90's.

     
  • At February 19, 2009 11:57 PM, Blogger Duskdog said…

    I like Jericho, but I'm not terribly thrilled about him being evil, and I'm not thrilled with any Titans storyline that drags on that long. I'm looking forward to Power Girl #1, though!

    I'm a bit worried about Sodam Yat's "ultimate sacrifice". Those words never mean anything good for anybody.

     
  • At February 20, 2009 12:37 AM, Blogger Diamondrock said…

    Don't worry, Duskdog. Sodam Yat's not going anywhere. He just made an appearance in "Legion of Three Worlds" after all. He's got at least another thousand years left in him...

     
  • At February 20, 2009 9:41 AM, Blogger SallyP said…

    What on earth could Barry's dark secret be? I imagine it is along the lines of not leaving a penny in the little jar at the Quick-E Mart. That seems to be the sort of thing that might haunt him.

     
  • At February 20, 2009 10:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    At least it's not Meltzer writing on Flash. Poor Barry would end up retconned as a serial rapist or a pedophile or somesuch.

     
  • At February 20, 2009 3:41 PM, Blogger Jeff R. said…

    Jericho, well, it's traditional. How long did the first Titans Hunt storyline go on?

     
  • At February 21, 2009 1:30 PM, Blogger Your Obedient Serpent said…

    Hooray, Man-Bat as Batman! Makes sense to me -- but I may be biased.

    (In my M&M game, Aaron Langstrom is using the name "Nightwing" as his nom de guerre.)

    (Verification word: "Jiducatu". I swear I'm gonna start writing these down for character names.)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home